Subject: Two questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm playing as Master Thorn who has a 0 Body attribute. Can I learn Bulked Up (+1 body) despite the fact that it's a Body skill?

The rules say that you may only have learned skills of a given type equal to or less than your current attribute value. It doesn't say you can't learn a skill - it says you cannot have more learned skills.

Obviously this is important when you have 1 Body and learn a second Body skill (thus forcing you to trash one). But in this case, if I learn the skill, it immediately boosts my Body and therefore allows me to have 1 Body skill?

Second question: Does Inner Fire (skill: exert to trigger the surge ability on your hero) allow you to trigger a double surge skill (Mind Meld on Master Thorn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
nicoga3000 wrote:
I'm playing as Master Thorn who has a 0 Body attribute. Can I learn Bulked Up (+1 body) despite the fact that it's a Body skill?

Yes, you can learn Bulked up. You may learn any skill, but immediately afterward, you check to ensure that you do not have more skills than you have "skill points". So, after you learn Bulked Up, you will check and see that you have 1 skill and 1 point.

This is also how replacing skills work. You can't discard skills, but you can learn 1 more than you have available points, and then discard the one you didn't want in favor of the new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
nicoga3000 wrote:
Second question: Does Inner Fire (skill: exert to trigger the surge ability on your hero) allow you to trigger a double surge skill (Mind Meld on Master Thorn)?

Yep. It doesn't specify that it must cost any particular amount of surge icons; it's still a surge ability and still a valid choice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

New question that just came up against Margath.

Lore tokens reduce his health by 1. Does that mean you just deal x lore tokens worth of damage or is it a reduced maximum health. I ask because his two surge ability heals 3 wounds and I'm wondering if he can heal wounds caused by lore token damage or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicoga3000 wrote:
Thanks for the answers.

Lore tokens reduce his health by 1. Does that mean you just deal x lore tokens worth of damage or is it a reduced maximum health. I ask because his two surge ability heals 3 wounds and I'm wondering if he can heal wounds caused by lore token damage or not.

I'd say it reduces his max health by 1, since it isn't worded "deal X damage to Margath at the start of the fight".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
nicoga3000 wrote:
Thanks for the answers.

I'd say it reduces his max health by 1, since it isn't worded "deal X damage to Margath at the start of the fight".

Lore doesn't cause damage. It's knowledge about the dragon's ways. If you're playing the game with a thematic eye, the cards will tell you what you're learning as you gather lore. This knowledge gives you an edge in the fight, which the game simulates by reducing the monster's HP.

So no. His special heal ability only applies to the damage you inflict, not to his reduced stature, which you achieved through the lore that taught you his tricks and his weaknesses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks - that was sort of how I assumed the Lore Tokens worked...Knowledge of the enemy and whatnot. That's how I played it and how I will continue playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicoga3000 wrote:
Thanks - that was sort of how I assumed the Lore Tokens worked...Knowledge of the enemy and whatnot. That's how I played it and how I will continue playing it.

I just pointed it out because you were talking about lore damage. So I assumed you didn't how they worked and that's why you were confused about Margath's healing power. I was helpfully trying to address the root cause of your question.

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.