Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
What's got Billy so spooked?
badge
Beware the Jabberwock my son!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jeff,

As a huge fan of Heartland, I'd be curious to known the key differences between the two games, components and theme aside. Does the much maligned rapeseed make an appearance in Skyways?

Thanks,
Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
olsonjj25 wrote:
Hi Jeff,

As a huge fan of Heartland, I'd be curious to known the key differences between the two games, components and theme aside. Does the much maligned rapeseed make an appearance in Skyways?

Thanks,
Josh

Thanks, Josh!

As I wrote on the BGGNews thread:

Skyways takes the original tile-laying mechanism of Heartland, demolishes the rest, and rebuilds a new and different game on that foundation.

There are less rules, which makes it a more accessible 45 minute game. But it's still highly interactive and cut-throat in a way that gamers can enjoy.

It still has the tension I like from Heartland of whether to "piggyback" scoring areas of the same color group or work at scoring big end-game points (but those points come in a completely different way than the barn-building and livestock-collecting of the other game).

And it uses the 3-D tile-on-tile in a more thematic and visually appealing way (and cool, retro-futuristic art and components).

Rules will eventually be posted, as well as a designer diary with more details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's back up on Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eaglegryphon/skyways-a-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.