Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Which Investigator Will You Choose?
Which investigator are you most excited about and why?
Which Investigator Will You Choose?
Roland Banks
Daisy Walker
"Skids" O'Toole
Agnes Baker
Wendy Adams
      116 answers
Poll created by coyotemoon722
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Way too little info at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like to be male for role play purposes, but the arkham games have some of the most boring generic male characters ever, which is ironic cuz usually female characters feel slapped on.
So ill probably end up begrudgingly playing Roland, or giving up and being female. The only male characters I'd want to play as are Dexter Drake or maybe Finn Edwards. I just feel like there are 7 different "white guys with guns".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose Agnes because I love playing a spell caster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about all of the investigators, but I have always liked the name Daisy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mandy thomson or harvey walters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
Im waiting for Jenny Barnes to show up, with her day at the races hat and her butt kicking pistol skills..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

Maybe not enough info on how they play mechanically in this game, but these characters have all been around for a long time. We can pick just based on their fluff and previous representations.

I feel like out of the five investigators they picked for the core set Agnes and Wendy have the strongest stories based on their board game representations. I picked Agnes because she seems to visit Dreamland which is awesome, in her real life she is a waitress which is an great contrast, she remembers her past life as a witch and can do blood magic.

My favorite investigator is Ashcan Pete. I hope they get around to adapting him for this game and make a Duke ally card. Also with his strong spell casting and sneaking skills Harvey Walters felt like such a strong character. He is exceptionally sane for an Arkham Horror investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechanically there isn't enough information to make a real choice yet, but I've always been partial to Wendy Adams. Starting with an Elder Sign in Arkham Horror is amazing, and it's always fun when she gets her hands on a tommy gun or something...

phillosmaster wrote:
My favorite investigator is Ashcan Pete. I hope they get around to adapting him for this game and make a Duke ally card.

Ashcan Pete and Dexter Drake are on the top of my wanted list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know yet how they will be adding investigators to the game? Will it be just in the deluxe boxes. Will they release an investigator each pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

We know what classes the characters belong to. We know almost all of the guardian and survivor cards. We know almost all of the actual game mechanics. I wouldn't say "way too little info."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
vaughnerich wrote:
I like to be male for role play purposes, but the arkham games have some of the most boring generic male characters ever, which is ironic cuz usually female characters feel slapped on.
So ill probably end up begrudgingly playing Roland, or giving up and being female.
Well, Roland Banks' card makes him look kinda transsexual to me, so it might be a good compromise.

The smaller nose, the pouty lips, the fashionista pointed hair in front of the ears, the heavy eye makeup, the trendy heavy brows, the overly large trench, the collar pull, the come-hither stare. Dude is rockin' the in-style for 2016 and beyond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

The smaller nose, the pouty lips, the fashionista pointed hair in front of the ears, the heavy eye makeup, the trendy heavy brows, the overly large trench, the collar pull, the come-hither stare. Dude is rockin' the in-style for 2016 and beyond.

Predestination!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
Predestination!
Exactly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tattersall
msg tools
Little Wendy Adams is good fun in Eldritch (especially her ability to elude monsters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akaan Qualrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are your guesses for the secondary classes of those investigators ?

So far we know :
- Roland = Guardian + Seeker
- Wendy = Survivor + Rogue
- Skids = Rogue + ???
- Daisy = Seeker + ???
- Agnes = Mystic + ???

We can postulate that :
- each class will appear only once as secondary
- there will be no doubled combination (for exemple A + B and B + A)

As a librarian Daisy is not likely to have combat or rogue skill but she may have learnt spell from books.
Skids can't be survivor since the combination Rogue/Survivor already exists with Wendy. I just can't see a criminal knowing magic.
That leaves me with the following guess :
- Skids = Rogue + Guardian
- Daisy = Seeker + Mystic
- Agnes = Mystic + Survivor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure yet. Wendy or Daisy probably. My fave character has always been Lily Chen or Kate Wintrop and neither have appeared yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roland's action economy makes him the most appealing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh. This is Eldritch Horror all over again. Going from a huge library of investigators in Arkham Horror back down to a paltry few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralsar wrote:
Argh. This is Eldritch Horror all over again. Going from a huge library of investigators in Arkham Horror back down to a paltry few.

You do realize it's an LCG right? That means constant new characters to play as.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
ralsar wrote:

You do realize it's an LCG right? That means constant new characters to play as.

Yeah just making a joke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.