Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yolanda (in the episode "Trash") can't be defeated unless 4 different Supporting Characters have been played that turn (3 if you're Inara).

So I'm wondering if Monty (the Browncoat) counts as a supporting character in that sense. I would vote for yes, though I suppose by the strictest definition on page 5 of the rulebook, only the 4 characters not chosen as "main characters" qualify. Though that makes Yolanda really hard to defeat (but I suppose that is the point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are indeed quite clear and consistent that you only have 4 Supporting Characters. Browncoats are thus not Supporting Characters, only Characters.

This makes a lot of sense when future proofing the game too. If a future expansion had a different Browncoat available, Yolanda would suddenly become extremely easy, as you could likely count both Browncoats against her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I sort of wish this was set up that you could spend Combat points to "fight" her (or other enemies with such additional qualifications), and if you didn't meet the additional conditions, you didn't defeat them, but you prevented them from striking that turn. Would make things too easy in Yolanda's case, since you only need 1 pt of combat to fight her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also of note in this instance, for those who utilize a variant that incorporates crew cards of the main characters into the crew deck, if a character is a main character, then they are not a supporting character. so those cards don't count towards the requisite number of supporting characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Also of note in this instance, for those who utilize a variant that incorporates crew cards of the main characters into the crew deck, if a character is a main character, then they are not a supporting character. so those cards don't count towards the requisite number of supporting characters.

Balderdash. Any character in the crew deck is a supporting character. Unless you are saying this variant includes more than 4 characters in the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.