Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Strickland
United States
Richmondville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the opportunity to play this at TempleCon this past weekend with Jeff, the designer of the game, and it's an absolute gem. Jeff was great at teaching and playing the game over and over again during the weekend, he's a great guy with a wonderful presence.

You're playing as a convict on a prison moon that is breaking apart, and you need to get to the last spaceship before your fellow inmates, the guard, or the moon quakes stop you.

The game itself sets up and plays quickly, and rewards tactical plays but has some great 'I'm going to mess with you' chaotic elements thrown in when the board's 3 levels rotate in different directions, making fun of your well thought out next move.

Moonquake escape is very visually appealing, the 3D rotating board is very nice, colorful and the components are top notch. I especially love the moon that acts as the die in the game that grants players their actions for the next round.

The play was balanced and fair, the rules easy to understand. It is chaotic and fun, great for families, but has enough depth to bring it out to your game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnston
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Jeremy,
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. It was a pleasure sharing MQE with you!
Sincerely,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.