Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since everyone who is a backer knows the basic structure of abilities and stuff, I thought it would be fun to see if anyone can come up with a complete champion kit based on a character's full title. You will have 1 entry per character, and you will be judged by me (and however many likes you get by other people) on how thematic the kit is. Feel free to justify your design decisions.

There are some rules of course:
1. The character has to fit in the steampunk/dark fantasy world that Guards of Atlantis.
2. All entries will include a few sentences describing the character's identity/backstory. You can be as descriptive as you want.
3. Your entry must include all the cards in your kit in one post.
4. We are only concerned about card text and basic stats. You don't need to include items. And please try not to add too many complicated mechanics.
5. You will have a maximum of 3 entries, one for each character.

For the first 3 characters,their names are:

Olivier the Immortal

Arius the Fallen

Dom the Gambler

This challenge will end on October 24. I will then set up 3 polls, one for each character, and whoever has the most votes by October 31 will win.

The top entry for each of these concepts will provide the next challenge's concepts. (and maybe Wolff Designa would keep your concepts in mind for the expansion...) Best of luck to all of you! (and I hope this will be popular enough to continue...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
Small note from my side.

Guards characters have specific stat profiles, so to simplify things and make it better fit existing designs, you can use descriptions instead of values for the basic stats.

I.e. the basic stats are Movement, Initiative, Attack and Defense.
And each stat can be Exceptional / Very good / Good / Above Average / Average / Below Average / Poor / Very poor.

For example, Tigerclaw the Outlaw has:
Good Movement / Below Average Attack / Poor Defense / Exceptional Initiative.

This translates into specific stats at each level of each specific card slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Ryan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My idea for a Gambling character deals almost entirely with coins and the spending and trading of gold. Some of these cards ideas aren't my own and I'm not 100% sold on some of the abilities, but I do like the character overall:

Dom the Gambler

Movement – Above Average
Attack – Below Average
Defense – Average
Initiative – Good

--------------------------TIER I---------------------------------

YELLOW
Dirty Fighting – Melee Attack
If you are attacking the enemy hero with the most coins among the enemy team, this card's attack is increased by 1.

RED I
Twitchy Trigger Finger – Attack – Range
If you carry more coins than required to level-up, this card’s initiative is increased by 1.

BLUE I
Gamblin’ Man – Skill
Bet 1 gold on target hero in range. At the end of the round, gain double the gold if target hero was defeated. Otherwise, target hero gains the gold that was bet.

GREEN I
Hussle - Move
If you move towards an enemy hero with more coins than you, this movement is increased by 1.

--------------------------TIER II--------------------------------

RED II - A
Malicious Intent – Attack - Ranged
If you are attacking the enemy hero with the most coins among the enemy team, this card's attack is increased by 1.

RED II - B
Marked Cards – Melee Attack
If you score 4 or more coins after defeating an enemy with this card, retrieve a discarded non-attack card.

BLUE II - A
Double Down – Skill
Bet up to 2 gold on target hero in range. At the end of the round, gain double if target hero was defeated. Otherwise, target hero gains the gold.

BLUE II - B
Throw Coin - Skill - Radius
Place a coin in an empty space within radius. An adjacent hero must move to that coin space if able. They pick up that coin. If two or more heroes are tied for the same distance, you choose.

GREEN II – A
Gambler’s Debt – Move
If you move towards an enemy hero with more coins than you, this movement is increased by 2.

GREEN II - B
Cash Out - Defense
You may pay the attacker 1 gold. If you do, increase this card’s defense by 1.

--------------------------TIER III-------------------------------

RED III - A
Aim to Misbehave – Attack – Range
If you are attacking the enemy hero with the most coins among the enemy team, this card's attack is increased by 2.

RED III - B
Sleeved Trick – Melee Attack
If you score 4 or more coins after defeating an enemy with this card, retrieve any discarded card.

BLUE III - A
All In – Skill
Bet up to 3 gold on target hero in range. At the end of the round, gain double if target hero was defeated. Otherwise, target hero gains the gold.

BLUE III - B
Scatter Coins – Skill - Radius
Place two coins in empty spaces within radius. An adjacent hero must move to those coin spaces if able. They pick up that coin. If two or more heroes are tied for the same distance, you choose.

GREEN III - A
Debt Waits for No One – Move
If you move towards an enemy hero with more coins than you, this movement is increased by 2.

GREEN III - B
Call in Favors – Defense
You may pay the attacker 2 gold. If you do, increase this card’s defense by 2.

--------------------------TIER IV-------------------------------

PURPLE IV
Blood Debt – Ultimate Skill
Whenever a hero gains gold due to an effect from one of your cards, they must discard a card or be defeated.

EDIT: Updated the wording to some of the cards and tweaked some of the game mechanics. Now the hero has two "flavor" styles. Gambler and Bounty Hunter. The Gambler path deals with spending coins making bets, et cetera. The Bounty Hunter path focuses on targeting the "riches" hero on the enemy's team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.