Subject: Combinatorial math: How many Maña between shuffles and per hand? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In short, the average Mana strength of your incomplete field laying open when you shuffle should be deducted from your total Mana strength in your deck. The remaining can be used for simple calculations. From start, an average of 1 (and some decimals) mana, the Mana strength of a Cursed Land, is deducted from the starting 12 Mana in your deck. So calculate with 11 mana per shuffle.
When I first thought of this I erroneously assumed 12 maña in deck, 12 maña to use. After playing with the deck for a while, counting the number of mana and hands per deck manually, I realised that this is not true: The cards face-up in your field when you must shuffle the deck are only counted in the previous deck or the new deck, not in both! This makes most often in the starting set-up you get 11 mana per shuffle, not 12, actually a bit lower than 11. The exact numbers can be calculated using only simple combinatorial formula, I don't bother this here. There will always be 4 hands per shuffle. So the mean value for Maña per hand is something like 11/4, or 2.7 and some decimals.
There is an equally simple expression for a starting deck plus 2 purchased Grasslands advancements, where you will get 3 hands per deck, but not 12-2 Maña per deck, but 12-2-1.2 and some decimals, i.e. around 9, that is 3 hands per deck and a little less than 3 mana per hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.