United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Small question about
Spoiler (click to reveal)
roadblocks
(if you don't know what it is, please stop reading).

In the rules, it is specified that if a city outbreaks but is completely roadblocked off, since none of the adjacent cities are affected there is no outbreak track movement.

However, in our case the city (Miami) was not completely roadblocked: everything was roadblocked but the connection to Washington.
Miami had 3 zombies, Washington too.
Washington card got drawed so it outbreaks into the adjacent cities, including Miami. Now, Miami outbreaks to... nowhere.
The outbreak comes from Washington, so it doesn't outbreak back there. And all the other cities are roadblocked.

In this specific case, do you move the marker or not? I would personally say no, as none of the adjacent cities were affected. But the city is not "completely roadblocked off".

What we did was to increase the panic level of course, and hope to win before the 7th outbreak to avoid wondering what was the correct answer.
We won... at the 6th outbreak, so it didn't have any impact in our game.

But i would love to have an official answer on that

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has replied elsewhere...
...that this effect only takes place if it is exactly fulfilled: the city is completely roadblocked off. All entrances and exits must be roadblocked and not prevented from spreading for any other reason (including, in your case, a city already have outbroken that turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer! it's hard to do a search with all the spoilers everywhere.

We got lucky to win before the "7th" outbreak then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.