Subject: Moon tower errata? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Grace
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
Should the moon tower read roll 1 extra dice rather than roll 3 dice?

Or does the moon tower render the train station superfluous?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valentin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
We have the same question. I am thinking that the jump in cost means train station is just useless to flip, but it's super unclear and the developers have been pretty quiet on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kohn Jevinston
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I have not played a single game of this where whoever gets the Moon Tower first hasn't won.

It's so ridiculously overpowered it makes the game almost unplayable.

All you need to do is get a good engine that grants you 30+ gold on a roll (e.g. fruit & veg markets) and it's lights out for the other players in no time. It's just a matter of time before you roll a 10 combination using 3 dice, and add +2 with the Harbor to hit your 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donovan Eberling
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
Luke, to answer your question, yes, moon tower replaces the effect of the train station. You roll 3 dice at most, ever. Which is why they only give you 3 dice.

Train Station is a very useful building block, but made obsolete by Moon Tower over time. If you can somehow get straight to it without rolling 2 dice...good on you.

Kohn - Moon Tower is unplayably busted. But there is so much stealing in the game, I don't see how you can win a prolonged game without it. If everyone has tax offices, publishers, funded tech startups, etc...getting to 30 does indeed require getting it all in one turn. I've actually chosen to take a 6-6 roll, let everyone steal from me and earn $$$, then hope to steal it all back on my Amusement Park Turn #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.