Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan Williams
United States
Rancho cucamunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have some cards that say concealed, another one says concealed optional, and another one says concealed-hidden area. Where is your hidden area. Some of my other cards say " cards with sinister syndicate with cost 2 or less can attack hidden characters this turn." What are the rules about a concealed character, where is a hidden area, and what are the rules for the hodden area.

Thanks in advance.
-Ethan-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eswilliams2002 wrote:
I have some cards that say concealed, another one says concealed optional, and another one says concealed-hidden area. Where is your hidden area. Some of my other cards say " cards with sinister syndicate with cost 2 or less can attack hidden characters this turn." What are the rules about a concealed character, where is a hidden area, and what are the rules for the hodden area.

Thanks in advance.
-Ethan-

Basically, the hidden keyword introduced a second play area where you put your characters. They can attack, but not normally be attacked (hence hidden).

Thematically, it worked quite well, but it took me a while to get my head around. If recommend using it only after you've played the game a fair few times.

Full rules for using it are in the comprehensive rules that you can download here (because it was a later addition, it's not covered in all the rules booklets that come with different editions of the game).

Incidentally, I'm referring to the old edition of the game - I don't know if the recent release uses this keyword?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
The hidden area is generally made to the left of your visible characters, with a clear division between hidden/visible, so that both players know who is where.

As Parker mentioned, hidden characters can attack, but cannot BE attacked unless your opponent has a card with that specific text on it. Once it was introduced, they put in one or two silver bullet cards for attacking the hidden area into each set. The generic ones only have a couple. Most are team-stamped. You may notice that hidden characters typically have a higher atk and lower def than regular characters, due to the lack of being attacked and the theme of striking from the shadows (backstab).

EDIT: Also important to note: If all you have are hidden characters, any attacks go straight to the face. You are considered to be unprotected at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Williams
United States
Rancho cucamunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How do you attack using hidden characters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same way as normal. During your combat step, you declare them as attackers or team attackers if they share an affiliation. The opponent then decides who to return the stun to if they are able to as normal. Hidden only affects your opponent's ability to attack, not your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Williams
United States
Rancho cucamunga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. But does the hidden area mean the characters are flipped face down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No they stay face up until they are stunned. They have a black or black/red border to indicate that they are hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.