$30.00
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that are following along with my battle reports/story posts this one is written by me again. I hope you enjoy.

Prologue

"What did I tell you? never tell me the odds" Han said to Mak after being chastised. Mak was not happy which was to be expected, he definitely saw the value of having the legendary smuggler Han Solo helping their cause but to spend their time out of the way and for what? Some petty grudge Han had with a former friend!? As if Han read Maks mind "It was two fold, we took out a high ranking imperial officer. I scratched your back and you scratched mine! As promised I will tag along with you" Jyn elbowed Gaarkhan "how long you think Mak will keep this up?" Gaarkhan moaned in pain, his injuries as much psychological as physical. Wookies are known to be prideful and having to pull out early left a bruise on Gaarkhans ego. Mak turned his anger to Jyn "how long you gonna keep shooting like you cant see straight? Or is that going to be your trend at the beginning of every mission??!!" Before Jyn could reply the com link sparked to life and a rebel commander came through with an urgent mission. The Commander wanted to use the squad as a sort of diversion while the resistance made a coup "If you and your squad can distract the imperials long enough this could be the breakthrough the rebellion needs" Mak didn't hesitate "a distraction huh... we will make so much noise the Imps will be deaf" The crew debated while en route to the imperial facility if taking Han to ground was for the best and it was Jyn who swayed the decision "I shoot like I cant see straight remember? another gun might help, no?" but when Diala spoke up and said "its settled then, we are taking Han" the debate was over.

Under seige

Upon touching down in the Imperial facility it was clear the imperials were not expecting any visitors. The rebels started "making noise" by taking over the facility. Mak, Diala, Jyn, Garkhaan, and Han went to work in anticipation of imperial attention. First shoring up the doors and then looting all the crates/stashes throughout the facility. Once the first wave of Imps arrived the rebels were ready, or so they thought. With only 2 entrances, 1 North, 1 East leading into the facility, the Rebels decided to split up with Jyn, Gaarkhan, Diala North- Han, and Mak to the East.

The 1st wave of troopers showed themselves east with an officer barking orders behind them. Mak and Han stepped out of the facility for an ambush, shooting down troopers and attempting to disrupt the imperial coordination by taking out the officer, but this officer proved resilient and evaded the rebels. This kept his troops goose stepping in line to the entrance.

As Han and Mak retreated back into the facility Jyn was at the ready setting up a firing line from the door and yet what turned the corner still took not only her but Diala and Gaarkhan off guard. An Eweb pushing its mounted gun into their sight then proceeding to load up getting ready to fire. Diala let the sight rattle her and she seemed indecisive of what her next move was. Gaarkhan stayed put not wanting to go out and expose himself possibly being cautious because of what happened to him on the last mission. Jyn realized the door would be breached instantly if that mounted gun started to rain fire, she quickly drew her weapon and put shots down range just as she planned to do. Jyn smirked as her shots found their mark thinking Mak can kiss her ass, then she seen the Eweb dust himself off and start to mount up. Jyn retreated back into the facility taking cover knowing the door would not hold out for long.

The storm troopers all positioned themselves around the East door and started chipping away at it. Han and Mak took out a few more troopers then they could hear a shuttle getting closer, they were thinking there would be another wave of troopers for them to pick off. Then the East door was breached and they could see in the distance that the imperials really wanted to take back the facility, as the next wave was not troopers, but pair of Trandoshans that dropped from the transport. This made Mak and Han think just how long they have to last?

On the Northern front The Eweb got its turret going and it not only made quick work of the Northern door but fired a hail of bullets that the rebels just couldn't avoid. Jyn was pulling all the stops and couldn't seem to push back hard enough to stop this dam turret, then the north team heard a transport of their own and watched two red hooded figures drop down then proceed to flank and protect the turret. This promted Gaarkhan to be a bit desperate and he charged out to meet the new threat in the brief window the turret was reloading. The Wookie slammed into the royal guard bellowing a battle shout and the second royal guard met the Wookies battlecry with an attack protecting its comrade. Thats when Diala leapt forward intercepting the guards staff with her own plasteel one. The royal guards pushed forward driving the Wookie and Exile back proving to be too coordinated for the rebel duo. Then just as the Eweb was about to join the fray Jyn let a volley fly right past the melee into the turret dropping the Eweb with something he could not dust off. The explosion of the turret caused the Royal Guards resolve to sway a bit and that was all Diala needed to land a critical strike. With his partner down and the Wookie going into a frenzy the second guard dropped shortly after.

Jyn took this reprieve as an opportunity to reach out to Mak and Han "It seems we are causing enough noise to get attention from some higher ups" *BOOM* a rumble shook everything and the noise from inside the facility was heard almost deafening out Maks reply to Jyn "were losing ground but we cant falter" another *BOOM* and where a wall once was now stood a group of stormtroopers. Diala and Gaarkhan broke off to prevent their teammates from being flanked and Jyn took off deeper into the facility to make sure no other walls were coming down.

Now with the group (mostly) rejoined with each other the North team could see the damage the East team suffered. Mak was severely wounded and was just not able to kill faster then they would reinforce. Han on the other hand looked in pretty good shape and his body count was unmatched they knew because he boasts about it the second he thoughts the others could hear. With the squad regrouped outside of Jyn who was searching the rest of the facility for other breaches, the team seemed in high spirits. "Only a little longer" Mak said "and what did Jyn mean higher ups?" Diala responded cooly "a pair of royal guards" Thats when Hans face changed "wait you said TWO royal guards showed up?"

Then it happened. The air got heavy and fear started swelling up inside all of them. Han looked off into the distance and Mak uttered "Its an officer... he is pointing at us" Han took a breath as deep as he could and in his most even voice "its not just an officer, TAKE COVER AND PREPARE TO DISENGAGE" They could hardly believe it, striding towards them through the field of fallen troops was Darth Vader himself *imperial march starts playing*. Everyone seemed to panic except Gaarkhan. Seeing Vader was his validation, seeing Vader was his proof that where they were and what they were doing was helping the rebellion! They were making a difference! He looked to Mak who knew that this was not going to be their last stand. They did their job, this was a success, he then ordered the team to extract. They all retreated back into the facility where Jyn found an escape route the storm troopers inadvertently made for them and without any delay they were gone.

Epilogue

Vader entered the facility looking around at the carnage. He stood there clenching his fists when the transport officer said " my lor...." Vader held his grip until the officers color changed then released him "Do not speak unless I address you to do so. Now send word to the holding facility. I want that operative interrogated, I want every bit of intel he has on the rebels, I want to know exactly what they were after" With that Vader turned back to his transport and in his stride back across the field the officer watched him from behind, gasping for air and coughing to clear his throat. All he could do was in a raspy whisper say "Yes, my Lord".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Under Siege Battle report/story *light spoilers*
Sounds like fun, maybe you can clean up the wall of text here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ronster0 wrote:
Sounds like fun, maybe you can clean up the wall of text here.

What do you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
krzykoopa wrote:
What do you mean?

Line breaks, paragraphs, maybe even chapters with titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krzykoopa wrote:
For those that are following along with my battle reports/story posts this one is written by me again. I hope you enjoy.

"What did I tell you? never tell me the odds" Han said to Mak after being chastised.

Mak was not happy which was to be expected, he definitely saw the value of having the legendary smuggler Han Solo helping their cause but to spend their time out of the way and for what? Some petty grudge Han had with a former friend!? As if Han read Maks mind:

"It was two fold, we took out a high ranking imperial officer. I scratched your back and you scratched mine! As promised I will tag along with you" Jyn elbowed Gaarkhan

"how long you think Mak will keep this up?" Gaarkhan moaned in pain, his injuries as much psychological as physical. Wookies are known to be prideful and having to pull out early left a bruise on Gaarkhans ego.

Mak turned his anger to Jyn "how long you gonna keep shooting like you cant see straight? Or is that going to be your trend at the beginning of every mission??!!"

Before Jyn could reply the com link sparked to life and a rebel commander came through with an urgent mission. The Commander wanted to use the squad as a sort of diversion while the resistance made a coup

"If you and your squad can distract the imperials long enough this could be the breakthrough the rebellion needs"

Mak didn't hesitate "a distraction huh... we will make so much noise the Imps will be deaf"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
krzykoopa wrote:
What do you mean?

Line breaks, paragraphs, maybe even chapters with titles.

Dam, I didn't even check when it got posted after review. When I wrote it up I did have that I guess when I copy pasted from my email it clumped it up. Ill edit it when I get home later.

Sorry about that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.