$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Glorantha: The Gods War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Difference from Video and Pnp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules changes

You can only play Runes in Action phase. Not in Power / Council phase anymore.

You half and round down your power for Great Compromise.


Darkness

Castle of Lead give you 1 Rune during power phase if it is in play.
Castle of Lead cost 3 instead of 4.

Black market doesn't require to read the Rune out loud to every player.

Moon

You can use Moonburn gift multiple time to an empire.

I believe there is change to Moon Goddess ability.
(Post battle) place a Selene in the area from your pool. (Not very sure)

Storm

Inferiority Complex : Minus 2 VP and gain 4 Power.

Whirlwind : add 1 Battle die to your total if you use this Gift.

Weather Control: Gain Power equal to your total Gifts, including this one.

Sky

You can't use the Great Decrees on 1st Action phase and cost 1 power.

Gift: Sun God exits Hell. Gain 2 Rune.
If another player gave permission he earns 1 Rune.

Solar energy: Sun God produces 3 Power (no more choice of 1 Rune)

Noblesse Oblige: earn 1 VP and 1 Rune instead.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Semmen
msg tools
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
Could someone at PG confirm that these are all of the rules changes since the P&P? I'm wondering whether to stick with the P&P rules at our next game. I don't want to use only some of the changes.

Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
What is the Hellmother's ability in the P&P that might have changed.

The new ability is she spawns all of her trolls in hell during the power phase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
linkthestink wrote:

The new ability is she spawns all of her trolls in hell during the power phase.


It is also the ability in the PnP
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
Oh there is the one where if Pit is in the game you get to eat his dinner.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
linkthestink wrote:
Oh there is the one where if Pit is in the game you get to eat his dinner.


Nay, I think Sandy veto'ed that ability !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
Pitpipo wrote:
linkthestink wrote:
Oh there is the one where if Pit is in the game you get to eat his dinner.


Nay, I think Sandy veto'ed that ability !

It was "vetoed"??? *hides the evidence*

Pay no attention to the half eaten plate behind the Cthulhu Wars box! It's a lie...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Semmen
msg tools
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
Based on the most recent KS Update and the recent "Thoughts from a couple of Playtests" thread, it sounds like Inferiority Complex has shifted back to the P&P definition. Is this true?

Have there been any other rules changes?

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
Darren23 wrote:
Based on the most recent KS Update and the recent "Thoughts from a couple of Playtests" thread, it sounds like Inferiority Complex has shifted back to the P&P definition. Is this true?

Have there been any other rules changes?

Thanks!


I am kind of prefer the old Inferiority Complex. Only it doesn't scale with the number of player.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Difference from Faction Video and Pnp
Some updated changes from video.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
whipko wrote:
Rules changes

You can only play Runes in Action phase. Not in Power / Council phase anymore. Except at the end of the game, for VPs only. At this time, Runes sans VPs count for 1/2 VP each.

You halve and round down up your power for Great Compromise.

Darkness

Castle of Lead give you 1 Rune during power phase if it is in play. It still gives you 1 Rune when placed as well. Castle of Lead cost 3 instead of 4.

Black market doesn't require to read the Rune out loud to every player.

Moon

You can use Moonburn gift multiple time to an empire. Also, place the burnt building in the Moonburn box. It is returned next Power phase, or he can pay 1 Power to regain it instantly. This makes Moonburn stronger, because a player can't just instantly rebuild a burned bldg.

I believe there is change to Moon Goddess ability. Moon Goddess Ability Menses (pre- OR post-Battle) if the Red Goddess is in a Battle, EITHER spawn an Assassin in the Area pre-Battle, OR spawn a Selene in the Area post-battle. Your choice.

Storm

Inferiority Complex : Minus 2 VP and gain 4 Power.

Whirlwind : add 1 Battle die to your total if you use this Gift.

Weather Control: Gain Power equal to your total Gifts, including this one.

Sky

You can't use the Great Decrees on 1st Action phase and cost 1 power.

Gift: Sun God exits Hell. Gain 2 Rune. If another player gave permission he earns 1 Rune.

Solar energy: Sun God produces 3 Power (no more choice of 1 Rune)

Noblesse Oblige: earn 1 VP and 1 Rune instead.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
whipko wrote:
Rules changes

You can only play Runes in Action phase. Not in Power / Council phase anymore. Except at the end of the game, for VPs only. At this time, Runes sans VPs count for 1/2 VP each.

You halve and round down up your power for Great Compromise.

Darkness

Castle of Lead give you 1 Rune during power phase if it is in play. It still gives you 1 Rune when placed as well. Castle of Lead cost 3 instead of 4.

Black market doesn't require to read the Rune out loud to every player.

Moon

You can use Moonburn gift multiple time to an empire. Also, place the burnt building in the Moonburn box. It is returned next Power phase, or he can pay 1 Power to regain it instantly. This makes Moonburn stronger, because a player can't just instantly rebuild a burned bldg.

I believe there is change to Moon Goddess ability. Moon Goddess Ability Menses (pre- OR post-Battle) if the Red Goddess is in a Battle, EITHER spawn an Assassin in the Area pre-Battle, OR spawn a Selene in the Area post-battle. Your choice.

Storm

Inferiority Complex : Minus 2 VP and gain 4 Power.

Whirlwind : add 1 Battle die to your total if you use this Gift.

Weather Control: Gain Power equal to your total Gifts, including this one.

Sky

You can't use the Great Decrees on 1st Action phase and cost 1 power.

Gift: Sun God exits Hell. Gain 2 Rune. If another player gave permission he earns 1 Rune.

Solar energy: Sun God produces 3 Power (no more choice of 1 Rune)

Noblesse Oblige: earn 1 VP and 1 Rune instead.


Thanks Sandy. Any updated patch from your recent playtest after the campaign?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.