Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I started the translation of the scenarios to Czech, because from my experience if the gaming group gathers, no one wants to spend much time with the proper translation of the flavor texts. And it would be really pity to skip them, they are quite funny.

Timo will make the file(s) available in some way, that is set. What I would like to ask though is if there are people, that would prefer to have the manual translated as well. At this moment I plan to skip the Czech localization of the manual as it is quite a lot of work and I am not sure if people would use that, but if there are enough people, that would like to have it, I may change my mind. If there are Czech/Slovak people around, please, let me know your opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For the manual, we'd like to point out that we'd need also someone with access to INDESIGN as rulebook is, indeed, an Indesign file and manually cut & pasting translations does take quite a lot of work.

We'll happily provide the .IDML file that allows translations. We will then compile a full manual with all images once you'll return the translated .IDML file.

As for Scenarios, those are ALSO Indesign files, but lot less complex in form, so cut & pasting is quicker. We can provide .IDML for those also, should anyone want to do that part to save work from us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original PM handbook has crazy complex (and really nice) layout. However World of Warcraft Board Game for example had printed Word document as the Czech localization of the manual and it was sufficient for learning the game (with the fancy printed English version included as well).

This could be the option in our case as well. We will resolve the technical difficulties somehow if needed. At this moment there is enough work with the scenarios, but I wanted to know if there are people, that would benefit from the possible extra work. Speaking of the mentioned WoW BG manual my friends used the localized version of the manual and I ignored it as in similar games each word counts and the translation adds another layer of entropy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If interested, here is the translation of the Introduction story from the official web page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
50% of the scenarios translated and my head will probably blow up soon. I wonder how it is possible the authors created all that and remained sane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
we have never claimed to be sane...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All core scenarios translated, Witch's Grotto is next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.