Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just see the amount of promos who are going to be released (sorry if I missed this in another thread).
I knew these are discussed, but to see them on the site makes in extra official (at least for me )

really looking forward in making the game more fun and complete.
I'm especially happy you are going to release the extra power dials for the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who are wondering what Anton is talking about, we've listed all of the promos on this page of our website: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

Promo Content (unless otherwise noted, this content is included in every Kickstarter version of Scythe, just not the retail version). These promos will all be available on the BGG store at some point.

Promo Pack 1: encounter cards 29-32
Promo Pack 2: encounter cards 33-36 (BGG store)
Promo Pack 3: objective cards 24-27
Promo Pack 4: Factory cards 13-18
Promo Pack 5: 3 power dials for original factions
Promo 6: encounter card #38 (Watch It Played promo; not in KS editions; available on BGG store in mid-2017)
Promo 7: encounter card #37 (Dice Tower promo; not in KS editions; available on BGG store in mid-2017)
Promo 8: 2 power dials for expansion factions (not in KS Scythe)*
Promo 9: set of $50 Togawa metal coins (not in KS Scythe)*
Promo 10: set of $2 Albion metal coins (not in KS Scythe)*

* The expansion, Invaders from Afar, will not be on Kickstarter. It’s a direct-to-distribution release for November 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey,

Will promo 6 & 7 be sold separately or packed together when they go to the BGG Store (if you have any say in the matter).

Also, where will we be able to buy the power dials for the expansion factions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Promo 6: encounter card #38 (Watch It Played promo; not in KS editions; available on BGG store in mid-2017)
Promo 7: encounter card #37 (Dice Tower promo; not in KS editions; available on BGG store in mid-2017)
Promo 8: 2 power dials for expansion factions (not in KS Scythe)*

* The expansion, Invaders from Afar, will not be on Kickstarter. It’s a direct-to-distribution release for November 2016.

Sigh. As if I haven't already spent enough on this game... Yeah, looking forward to all these & I know I will eventually buy them all (honest, I'm not a compulsive completionist!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, Brandon. It depends on when Rodney and Tom ship out their promos.

The expansion faction dials (promo #8) will likely be done in some combination of Meeplesource and BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
I'm actually really surprised that the expansion faction dials wouldn't be in the expansion...with their factions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only need two dials to play Scythe. You get two of them with the retail version. If you get the expansion you still only ever need two dials to play. Keeping them as a sep promo reduces the cost of the retail expansion for everyone and allows completists to pick them up and still lets people who buy only retail versions to have a working game, with just the two dials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Are these going to be sometime after Invaders drops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve: I'm not sure about the exact timing of the coin releases, but they'll probably be staggered a month or so after the expansion is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chester Steve wrote:
You only need two dials to play Scythe. You get two of them with the retail version. If you get the expansion you still only ever need two dials to play. Keeping them as a sep promo reduces the cost of the retail expansion for everyone and allows completists to pick them up and still lets people who buy only retail versions to have a working game, with just the two dials.

Wow, I really don't care for that. How much does it honestly drop the MSRP to take the two cardboard power dials out?

The art is 50% of this game and 75% of the immersion. why wouldn't you want each player to have their own power dial at the ready with their art? Especially, if the standard of the game has each player with their own art covered dial, to play a full game with the expansion but two players do not have their power dial out of the box....I don't get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, the retail versions of Scythe only have 2 dials. Adding the 2 dials to the expansion would have increased the MSRP by $5. Here's the full explanation from our website:

Why don’t the expansion factions have power dials?

It’s a matter of coherency and consistency. The Scythe expansion is a retail product that is compatible with any version of Scythe, but as a retail product, it needs to be cohesive and consistent with the retail core game. If a retail customer opens an expansion box to discover 2 new power dials, they might wonder if they should have gotten 5 in the original game. While I highly, highly value our backers, in the long run, the majority of people who own Scythe will have the retail version, so consistency with that version is the long tail.

When considering things like this, we also look necessity and impact on price. Only 2 dials are ever needed in any game of Scythe. It’s not like combats are happening so quickly that you don’t have time to pass the dial to your neighbor. It’s nothing more than a nice bonus to have extra dials, hence how it’s ripe for a promo product for the BGG store (someday). Also, more dials equals higher cost, and higher cost equals higher price. Adding the dials would increase the price of the expansion from $30 to $35.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the kind of completionist that does want everything for this game (I really like it and am glad to own the collectors edition), but I also understand the practicalities of this. Ultimately I want the game to succeed, otherwise it will have a limited life and have less expansion etc.

As such I have absolutely no problem with things that make minimal sense for retail copies to be sold as promo items, as long as said promo's aren't a nightmare to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ehrine wrote:
I am the kind of completionist that does want everything for this game (I really like it and am glad to own the collectors edition), but I also understand the practicalities of this. Ultimately I want the game to succeed, otherwise it will have a limited life and have less expansion etc.

As such I have absolutely no problem with things that make minimal sense for retail copies to be sold as promo items, as long as said promo's aren't a nightmare to get.

I'm just like you on this. I'm a completionist, but don't mind promos if they're on the BGG store or are similarly easily available.

We have no intention of making the Scythe promos a nightmare to get .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Howard
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:

We have no intention of making the Scythe promos a nightmare to get .

Good to hear, although to be fair exactly what I expected from all the posts already about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll confirm what Morten said: We want to make it as easy as possible for people who want the promos to get the promos. If we don't make enough of a certain promo, we'll make more. By far the best way you can help us is to fill out this future request survey:

https://goo.gl/forms/mhxglsctD2WNiq0A2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great,

my main concern is that things run out of print/stock and aren't available anymore. Shipping to Europe can be expensive so I like to order as many as possible at once.

That's also the reason why I hoped there would be power dials within the expansion (Although I do understand why you didn't)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antoi wrote:
That's great,

my main concern is that things run out of print/stock and aren't available anymore. Shipping to Europe can be expensive so I like to order as many as possible at once.

That's also the reason why I hoped there would be power dials within the expansion (Although I do understand why you didn't)

Shipping prices in the BGG store tend to be very reasonable to Europe. I'm in Denmark and if I remember correctly, then I've paid $1 for shipping when I've ordered promo cards and $3 when I've ordered tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're in talks with Meeplesource to work with them on promo distribution too, particularly since they're making some special tokens for Scythe. We're definitely looking for ways for people to bundle together the exact promos they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Chris, the retail versions of Scythe only have 2 dials. Adding the 2 dials to the expansion would have increased the MSRP by $5. Here's the full explanation from our website:

Why don’t the expansion factions have power dials?

It’s a matter of coherency and consistency. The Scythe expansion is a retail product that is compatible with any version of Scythe, but as a retail product, it needs to be cohesive and consistent with the retail core game. If a retail customer opens an expansion box to discover 2 new power dials, they might wonder if they should have gotten 5 in the original game. While I highly, highly value our backers, in the long run, the majority of people who own Scythe will have the retail version, so consistency with that version is the long tail.

When considering things like this, we also look necessity and impact on price. Only 2 dials are ever needed in any game of Scythe. It’s not like combats are happening so quickly that you don’t have time to pass the dial to your neighbor. It’s nothing more than a nice bonus to have extra dials, hence how it’s ripe for a promo product for the BGG store (someday). Also, more dials equals higher cost, and higher cost equals higher price. Adding the dials would increase the price of the expansion from $30 to $35.

Jamey,

Thanks for the explanation. I kickstarted the game and have your most excellent collectors edition so, please understand my confusion. I thought all copies of the game came with the set of power dials I have.

Makes sense now.

Keep up the good work....and yeah, I'll still be looking for those two extra power dials in the BGG Store...

heh.

Thanks!
-c-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sycthe coins with denomination 50 are already available as add-on in the current MeepleSource Kickstarter campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplesource/character-...

It is advertized as official Stonemaier Games product. No price is given yet (but there is a photo!) and it says "available in our backer kit survey". What does it mean? Some kind of pledge manager?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias: Yes, we're working with Meeplesource to give customers access to our promos (particularly those who want to bundle multiple promo items). Backerkit is a pledge manager platform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MetalPirate wrote:
The Sycthe coins with denomination 50 are already available as add-on in the current MeepleSource Kickstarter campaign...

Yes, the coins...
But did you see the custom Scythe Meeples...?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplesource/character-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, gotta keep a closer eye on that KS. They keep adding more. I am intrigued, but the cost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The meeples look cute, but don't think I'm in direct need of those. The workers in the game are just fine.

The Action Pawn tokens and wooden tokens are a must though.

Do we already know what the $2 coins will look like?

I might buy some separate coins bags for them at Spiel, so would need to know their color...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't quite tell, are the action tokens and the coins 1 item or 2seperate- each at 5 bucks? Or is it some unknown price...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.