5 Posts

Tiny Epic Galaxies» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternative way to manage culture engine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Miguel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting way to manage culture in the game is to bid culture points to follow the action of the active player. This slows the game a little bit, and reduces some chances in the culture engine, but it worths the try (i think!)

Fun to all.cool

Malamuerte.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ... Sorry, I do not understand.

This is what you usually do, you pay culture to follow the action. What are you doing differently?

Unless with "bid" you do not mean an auction between players and only the highest one pays up and follows ( wich to me breaks the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Miguel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The higuest one pays to follow the action. This makes the culture engine running a little bit slowly. All players (potentialy) following every action for one culture point really make a lot of things very fast. And, if one action is gonna be really important in the game, to bid (or not) for an action becomes other strategic option.

However, is a house rule. Not in use in every game.

Best wishes and have fun.

Malamuerte.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting thought, but I've never found the culture engine to be a big problem. As soon as someone sets one up, the other players colonize culture worlds until it goes away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hobbesvii wrote:
Interesting thought, but I've never found the culture engine to be a big problem. As soon as someone sets one up, the other players colonize culture worlds until it goes away.

I agree. It seems as though the "culture engine problem" is only a problem if everyone playing is unaware of the potential. Once players are familiar enough with the game, most players will simply "block" the engine before it's really humming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.