Subject: Hopes for more scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I have only played Cycle of Eternity twice and am eager for more content. I know, call me impatient, but I can't help but think of what can be done with this app. Imagine the tiles and scenarios for cyclopean ruins or arctic expeditions, dreamscapes, other worlds beyond gates, ahhhhhhh! Well I'm insane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure it coming, but with all the hypercritical complaints so far of the app glitches. I'm sure they are going to test the heck out of anything else before they release it. That should really slow down the improvements and scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
I hope they will release some stories without any physical expansion. Some people were angry, cause the two new expansion will only bring 1-1 new stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I definitely appreciate the sentiment of wanting more - I do too. I also recognize that we are still pretty early in the lifecycle of this product (2e). With the release of the expansions later this year, the app will get an update with more content. Those of us with 1e will essentially get the new stories at no additional cost, if I understand the business model correctly. With those expansions, we'll get an idea of how much new content comes with an expansion.

What I really hope for - and I recognize this is a long shot - is a fan content element within the App. A way for us as a community to submit content for inclusion. I think that'd be pretty neat and a way to extend our investment into MoM.

I also hope/expect FFG to release additional content for the app between expansions. Not exactly sure how they do that as I expect they will want some compensation for the content (and I'd pay a small fee FWIW). Right now it appears the App is a free app and they get $$ by selling models/tiles/investigators/cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to accidentally set a price point, but I would happily pay $5 per new scenario. That's the centerpiece of a game night (possibly more than one) for the price of a latte.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Rykaar wrote:
Not to accidentally set a price point, but I would happily pay $5 per new scenario. That's the centerpiece of a game night (possibly more than one) for the price of a latte.

That's a fair price, IMO. I hope it's something they're considering, because even with the two scenarios in the upcoming expansions, it's not enough: it's roughly $200 retail for six expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogalski
United States
Charlton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I am figuring there will be a tile pack with any combination of additional monsters, item cards, spells,that would be for an additional new scenario. You buy the pack, activate it in the app and get the new scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
You dont really need to figure because thats how it is according to FFG..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Li
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Mistermannindy wrote:

What I really hope for - and I recognize this is a long shot - is a fan content element within the App. A way for us as a community to submit content for inclusion. I think that'd be pretty neat and a way to extend our investment into MoM.

That would be so cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rykaar wrote:

Personally, I think $5 is too much. I would be much happier at $3 USD.

I have only played the initial scenario twice but I already feel like I can move on to the next one. So if I play all 4 scenarios twice that will be 8 plays. So you need a lot of scenarios to keep this game going if user content isn't a thing. 8 (potential) plays for a game of this price is weak in my opinion, therefore if I'm going to have to keep buying more scenarios to keep playing the game, I hope they are on the cheaper side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Rykaar wrote:

Personally, I think $5 is too much. I would be much happier at $3 USD.

I have only played the initial scenario twice but I already feel like I can move on to the next one. So if I play all 4 scenarios twice that will be 8 plays. So you need a lot of scenarios to keep this game going if user content isn't a thing. 8 (potential) plays for a game of this price is weak in my opinion, therefore if I'm going to have to keep buying more scenarios to keep playing the game, I hope they are on the cheaper side.

I agree with you but I see comments all the time here from people saying they would pay upwards of $10 - 15 for scenarios. The fact of the matter is board gamers are used to expensive product and think it normal and therefore 'reasonable'. They've been conditioned that way. With FFG's pricing curve the past couple of years I would be pretty pleasantly surprised to see them sell scenarios for $5, let alone less.

As the guy above says: he'll pay $5 for a latte... so he will pay $5 for anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
As the guy above says: he'll pay $5 for a latte... so he will pay $5 for anything.

You guys need to come to Canada... I get my latte at Tim Horton's for under $3 CAD!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
I imagine for each new scenario will require a physical purchase, either a monster or terrain to insure you will buy something because the story will require it. I would not be displeased if this happens, hopefully they will be the Arkham Horror or Eldritch Horror compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hard to imagine that they didn't plan on releasing the print on demand scenarios from MoM for the MoM2 app down the road. Releasing these after the first expansions are out would make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that the conversion kit came with Person tokens for the characters from the A Cry For Help scenario in Call of the Wild, I'd assume that one's on the list to recreate for 2E as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
Australia
EAST BRISBANE
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A recent response to a question on Twitter indicates that FFG are working on more app content beyond just the next 2 expansions/scenarios. They also don't rule out remaking some of the 1st edition scenarios.

I wouldn't be shocked if they release them for free. They did this with the big descent campaign for road to legend, and nobody was expecting that to be free. I think the more they release the more games they'll sell (I imagine many people are waiting for confirmation of more scenarios before pulling the trigger on such an expensive game). I also don't expect much news for a while, these scenarios require a hell of a lot of work and they have 2 in testing now - so unless they commenced work on new ones months ago they'll be a while off. Id love to be pleasantly surprised though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I would love if they did The laboratory again or something like that. That pod had so much cool items and had a lot of replayability. I think it would work best if they releases it like a pod again with New Cool items and portals.

Im happy with the rerelease of The dunwich horror. I hope to see more outdoor mysteries

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roden84 wrote:
A recent response to a question on Twitter indicates that FFG are working on more app content beyond just the next 2 expansions/scenarios. They also don't rule out remaking some of the 1st edition scenarios.

I wouldn't be shocked if they release them for free. They did this with the big descent campaign for road to legend, and nobody was expecting that to be free. I think the more they release the more games they'll sell (I imagine many people are waiting for confirmation of more scenarios before pulling the trigger on such an expensive game). I also don't expect much news for a while, these scenarios require a hell of a lot of work and they have 2 in testing now - so unless they commenced work on new ones months ago they'll be a while off. Id love to be pleasantly surprised though!

Nobody should expect them for free, but my guess is we'll still occasionally get a free one just the same. Regardless of what they decide to charge or give away, the creators of a scenario are getting paid by FFG for their time, and while I'd imagine most playtesters are not getting compensated, those who coordinate testing efforts and refine the products certainly are. Release an untested draft as a scenario, even a free one, and you risk the bad word of mouth many of the 1st ed scenarios faced. So it costs money to make sure scenarios are as good as FFG can make them in advance of the real test once the gaming community starts finding any of the more obscure bugs.

As I said above, I'll pay $5. But I expect the product to reflect why it cost what it did.

On the other hand, if they released an editor, I wouldn't have the same expectations for user-generated content, and I'd be more patient where it fell short, but frankly I'd also be more wary to play a user-generated scenario until I read a sufficiently large number of reviews by other players willing to take a chance to start it sight unseen, because I'm not willing to risk the evening hours of 2-4 of my friends on a homebrew adventure that may be buggy as hell. And I don't want to preview the adventure because I'd like to experience it for the first time along with my friends. That's one of the selling points of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
dermaestro wrote:
I find it hard to imagine that they didn't plan on releasing the print on demand scenarios from MoM for the MoM2 app down the road. Releasing these after the first expansions are out would make sense.

I don't think they will - the effort to convert the existing scenarios is going to be on par with the effort in making a new one. They're doing it for one of the CotW scenarios but that's because there's only really one way of using a monster called "The Dunwich Horror" and that involves horror in Dunwich

The issue of course, is those of us that have played those scenarios in 1E then aren't getting "new" stories - they'll be rejigged, sure, but won't have the same appeal as something fresh.

As for new stuff being paid/free - it's possible they've already accounted for the cost of adding a few more scenarios with the price of the base box. Also possible they didn't. Plus on top of that, sales being lower or higher than expected could also influence that choice. I don't think we'll regularly be getting new free scenarios but there could be one or two in the initial period. It's also possible that putting out a new scenario for free a month or two before the launch of an expansion would be worth the cost in terms of getting people interested in the game again. Essentially: it's a brave new world and no-one has a clue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
RobbieGemini wrote:
I would love if they did The laboratory again or something like that. That pod had so much cool items and had a lot of replayability. I think it would work best if they releases it like a pod again with New Cool items and portals.

Im happy with the rerelease of The dunwich horror. I hope to see more outdoor mysteries

I loooovvveeeddd that PoD. It was a true 1 vs X scenario and extremely repayable. It's a shame though, I doubt it sold very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Engmalm
msg tools
FFG announced Arkham Nights 2016 the other day.
This is a cut and paste part from the article.

"You’ll have the chance to play the game while taking advantage of the monsters, tiles, and scenarios introduced by the soon-to-be-released Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories Figure and Tile Collections."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.