Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austin Muhlestein
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A conversation about a different game on the Vector team chat app got me to thinking... Has anyone attempted a real-time game via one of the many chat apps with the SDG notation and their own sets of pyramids? Maybe via Skype?

I -wish- I could be more in to PbEM, but my interest always fades and I end up leaving some poor person hanging. Arranging a time to exchange moves using personal stashes sounds like an interesting idea on paper. Reality is often different. I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime López
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play by email by drawing the sectors and pieces on Mspaint, and it worked, but as you said, the interest on the game fades because of all the time you need to finish the game if you only takes a couple of turns a day.

I played once using Skype, both having a set of pieces or, like in my case, cards (I do not have the pyramids, so I make my own set of cards) and It worked very well. You cannot see the face of your opponent while you catastrophe his/her systems, but it is a more direct way to play than email/forum based games.

Works pretty fine. There is always the option of using Vassal, but if both of you have pieces, it is not very necessary except you want to save the game (but I often took photos with my phone to 'save' games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.