$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Steve Arnott
msg tools

Yep, I'm not happy...

having failed to care sufficiently about the 'Deep Ones Rising' track, in my first outing to Insmouth, the inevitable happened and the Bad Bloke awoke, and before I knew it, we were all swinging around like Fay Wray in 'King Kong', having the Fangu squeezed out of us by Zhar!!

But the question is - can he be beaten?

It talks about first player having one arm tied during combat, and first-player token not passing until the first player's devoured...

So, by my reckoning, it'll only take "Players+1" or "Players+2" rounds before everyone's been Zharred.

Unless anyone knows differently?

I assume, if you're devoured in the final battle, you don't just select another character etc etc, and go until Zhar's toast, or you've cycled through everyone in Arkham...?

ta,

Slippery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slipperythings wrote:

It talks about first player having one arm tied during combat, and first-player token not passing until the first player's devoured...

So, by my reckoning, it'll only take "Players+1" or "Players+2" rounds before everyone's been Zharred.

Players x 2 rounds, I believe.

Round 1: Player 1 is 1-handed, all other players as normal.
Round 2: Player 1 is devoured, all other players as normal.
Round 3: Player 2 is 1-handed, all remaining players as normal.
Round 4: Player 2 is devoured, all remaining players as normal.
Repeat until you run out of players.

So yes, you're up against a clock and with an ever-dwindling number of players. You want to be rolling a *lot* of dice in those first couple of rounds. I don't believe I've ever tried it, but this one looks *hard*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's one of the worst to fight in combat. But notice that there are a handful that are worse still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.