Popular Tags: new_jersey [+] [View All]
Carlos Oliveira
United States
south orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone

I just moved to Piscataway nj, and was wondering the. Eat way to get a gaming group around the area and or meet board game players. I have a collection of all sorts of games I play, over 300 currently. I always try to play, my wife also plays sometimes as well. We're both in our late 20s.

Also any good board game places around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Carlos! There's a Facebook group called Central Jersey Gamers where people in the area plan some meetups, and there's weekly gaming at The Fallout Shelter in Highland Park, though I can't tell you much about it because I haven't been able to make it to one. Not sure what else is around. I'm a student at Rutgers, and I'm always happy to game, but when I'm free changes a lot and I can't drive anywhere.

Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend checking out the Fallout Shelter as well. When I lived near Rutgers I would play near there (board game night and RPGs). It is a comic shop with a selection of board games, and I thought the people there were friendly.

In Somerville there it "The Only Game In Town", which has role playing and miniatures, and probably board gaming, but I have never played there.

You could check the Steve Jackson Games forum, since I know they had one of their MIBs go to the local stores and demo their games. I think he also became a rep for Slugfest games, maybe. But if you ask about MIBs in the SJG forums on their site, you might be able to get in contact with him about local game stores. I would recommend this even if you do not like Steve Jackson Games, since it would let you find the local places people play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njbrodeur87 wrote:
Hey everyone

I just moved to Piscataway nj, and was wondering the. Eat way to get a gaming group around the area and or meet board game players. I have a collection of all sorts of games I play, over 300 currently. I always try to play, my wife also plays sometimes as well. We're both in our late 20s.

Also any good board game places around?

I reached out a week or so ago via PM, no response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.