Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] - Tyrants of the Underdark: $49 & Free Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john greeb
msg tools
mb

https://www.amazon.com/Tyrants-Underdark-Board-Game/dp/19408...

BGG Link: Tyrants of the Underdark

Roughly the same price as CSI/MM so it is the Free Shipping that makes the deal.

Lowest Amazon Price according to CCC.

Amazon Warehouse has one "like New" for $42.63. My experience with the condition of games from the Warehouse has varied from only the shrink wrap being torn to the game box being chewed up & unusable.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Perrault

Greendale
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Come on come on come on come on TOUCH ME BABE can't you see that I am not afraid
Avatar
mbmbmb
Why the hell is the list price that high. Its a good game but the map is dull and the mini's are very small. List price is ridiculous.

I did like the game, though.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I know what you mean. I got it for $50 shipped and it feels more like a $40 shipped game. (Or, $35.99 online + shipping.)

$70 MSRP is crazy to me.

The gameplay is fun and interesting, but the components and graphic design, to my mind, are a big letdown.

The color choice seems bizarre to me, as the black and blue can be hard to distinguish from across the board. That seems a really simple thing to avoid. (And the design differences on the shields are too small to make up for it.)

But it is a D&D game and so it can command a higher price, I guess.

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, virtually all the reviews have noted this being overpriced but having solid gameplay so I'll be waiting for the first good sale before picking it up.

Wizards titles consistently hit 50% off MSRP so it's just a matter of patience.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Yep, virtually all the reviews have noted this being overpriced but having solid gameplay so I'll be waiting for the first good sale before picking it up.

Wizards titles consistently hit 50% off MSRP so it's just a matter of patience.


This is galeforce nine though and it is sold out a lot of places. You might be waiting a while.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
Yea, I know what you mean. I got it for $50 shipped and it feels more like a $40 shipped game. (Or, $35.99 online + shipping.)

$70 MSRP is crazy to me.

The gameplay is fun and interesting, but the components and graphic design, to my mind, are a big letdown.

The color choice seems bizarre to me, as the black and blue can be hard to distinguish from across the board. That seems a really simple thing to avoid. (And the design differences on the shields are too small to make up for it.)

But it is a D&D game and so it can command a higher price, I guess.

Kevin


This is what happens when costs go up and you just price and distribute like you always have. ANA tried an alternative to avoid a MSRP price hike. Time will tell which is a better solution. Star Trek Ascendancy is another GF9 that seems expensive for what it is. At least you can get them 35% off though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Yep, virtually all the reviews have noted this being overpriced but having solid gameplay so I'll be waiting for the first good sale before picking it up.

Wizards titles consistently hit 50% off MSRP so it's just a matter of patience.


This is galeforce nine though and it is sold out a lot of places. You might be waiting a while.


Sellouts lead to big re-orders which lead to sales. I've got almost a dozen GF9 releases that were acquired at a deep discount. I guarantee we'll see Tyrants on sale at least once before the year is out and I've got plenty of other games to play in the meantime.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
I've got almost a dozen GF9 releases that were acquired at a deep discount.


They also tend to make games based on an IP and then eventually lose the rights to it which lead to deep discounts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Yep, virtually all the reviews have noted this being overpriced but having solid gameplay so I'll be waiting for the first good sale before picking it up.

Wizards titles consistently hit 50% off MSRP so it's just a matter of patience.


This is galeforce nine though and it is sold out a lot of places. You might be waiting a while.


Sellouts lead to big re-orders which lead to sales. I've got almost a dozen GF9 releases that were acquired at a deep discount. I guarantee we'll see Tyrants on sale at least once before the year is out and I've got plenty of other games to play in the meantime.


Most of GF9's deep discounts are due to the games not being popular and never selling out even when they are good game(Homeland, Sons of Anarchy). Firefly is the only one with a lot of popularity that has had 50% off frequently. No doubt we'll see a sale at some point like black Friday. The same could be said for most games that came out before GenCon. I find the game good enough to pick up sooner. I actually have it pre-ordered with Seafall.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.