Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
How 'bout them Cowboys?!
mbmbmbmbmb
What would anyone guess the ruling would be on action order for following dice that are used by another player to hire a pilot? In the base game, each player would only ever play one dice at a time, so this wasn't an issue. But now, with players being able to play 2 or 3 dice at a time to hire pilots, what if one player would only follow one of the dice if another player would follow another one of the dice? So I guess my question would be if each player has to decide for all dice at one time, or if each player will decide for one dice at a time to follow or not.

My guess on how this ruling should go is that once a player plays dice to hire a pilot, each player in turn order then has a chance to follow as many of the dice as they want. Then it's up to the next player to decide to follow none or some of the dice or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would guess the multiple dice are considered to be spent one-at-a-time and each player can opt to follow each dice in order.

The risk otherwise is player A spends 2 dice economy (for example) to buy a pilot. Player B needs 2 economy to finish a planet so follows both. He takes the planet.

Player C is now 2 actions behind player B, even though it's not B's turn. If C was on the same Planet as B and only needed 1 economy to finish the track, he is majorly disadvantaged. I think that would be broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
How 'bout them Cowboys?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Danielpbarker wrote:
I would guess the multiple dice are considered to be spent one-at-a-time and each player can opt to follow each dice in order.

Ok, so if that's how it should be played, does that mean the player hiring the pilot declares the order the dice are played in? And then you go around the table for each dice to decide who is following? Seems like it would add a bunch of time and slow the game down a bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why would it slow the game down? You're still working with the same number of dice (an thus actions to follow), but now the active player is moving through them faster then if they activated each for a separate action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice are followed one at a time. So, if two economy dice are placed, all other players have the option of following the first one, and then players have the option of following the second one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Massengale
United States
Bensenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
How 'bout them Cowboys?!
mbmbmbmbmb
raithyn wrote:
Why would it slow the game down? You're still working with the same number of dice (an thus actions to follow), but now the active player is moving through them faster then if they activated each for a separate action.

You're right, not slow down the overall game time. I guess it would just appear to slow the game down for the start player, as he would have to wait a while while other players are deciding whether or not to follow each action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
massenburger wrote:
Ok, so if that's how it should be played, does that mean the player hiring the pilot declares the order the dice are played in?

The order of the dice doesn't matter since to hire a pilot, the active player has to use either 2 or 3 matching dice. All the dice used will be of the same action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook...only the last die can be followed.
Quote:
Dice activated to hire pilots are placed on the Activation Bay but are NOT used for their normal die actions; they are only for hiring pilots. Other players may spend 1 culture as normal to follow only the action of the last die. Players may NOT follow the other dice used for hiring a pilot and may NOT follow the hire pilot action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.