Hide
7 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » General

Subject: Will preordering include the promo spirits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick McCann
msg tools
So a friend of mine recently showed me the pnp of this game, and I fell in love with it on my first play through. I don't know how I managed to miss the Kickstarter on this, but I saw that it's available to preorder on backerkit. While I'd like to order this regardless, will the promo spirits come in the preorder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, and I don't think that's been completely clarified. I would expect you would get the two promo spirits (Heart of the Wildfire and Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island). You won't get the expansion that is included for original Kickstarter backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to hear the answer on this as well... I'm in a similar boat (learned about the game after the KS ended)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My understanding (which should not be considered authoritative - I'm the designer, not the publisher) is that:

* KS backers will get the base game, expansion, and promo spirits;
* Preorders will get the base game and promo spirits;
* Further direct orders will get just the base game?

I'd also been under the impression that direct preorders closed back in March/April, but I see now that the >G store page seems to have it listed as "in stock" again. Maybe I was wrong, or maybe they've opened up preorders again for GenCon/PAX Prime or something.

The store page seems to confirm Dylan's/my understanding of promo spirits - it says, "One copy of Spirit Island, delivered in late 2016 after the Kickstarter copies are sent to backers and before copies are sent to stores! Comes with promo spirits (but not the free expansion) that will also be sent to Kickstarter backers."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that there are currently two ways to pre-order: Through the GtG store and through the BackerKit. They're a little different; the BackerKit allows you to pre-order the expansion and the canonical map, whereas the expansion is listed as Out of Stock on the store page and the map is not listed at all. The store is explicit that it will come with the two promo spirits, and I would definitely expect the BackerKit to be the same. (Among other things, GtG is not going to want to deal with two different kinds of preorders getting different components.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered through BackerKit last week ... not only was the expansion available, but shipping to Canada was considerably cheaper than via the GtG store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darker wrote:
My understanding (which should not be considered authoritative - I'm the designer, not the publisher) is that:

* KS backers will get the base game, expansion, and promo spirits;
* Preorders will get the base game and promo spirits;
* Further direct orders will get just the base game?

I'd also been under the impression that direct preorders closed back in March/April, but I see now that the >G store page seems to have it listed as "in stock" again. Maybe I was wrong, or maybe they've opened up preorders again for GenCon/PAX Prime or something.

The store page seems to confirm Dylan's/my understanding of promo spirits - it says, "One copy of Spirit Island, delivered in late 2016 after the Kickstarter copies are sent to backers and before copies are sent to stores! Comes with promo spirits (but not the free expansion) that will also be sent to Kickstarter backers."

Thanks, Eric! And great job on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.