Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now available on Amazon. Over 200 large-format pages of the original uncropped art, the perfectly polished rules, and the in-depth strategy guide. Whether you are a DoA II basic player, or have all the Master goodies, this is your complete resource rolled into one magnificent, full-color codex.

(Note: The Codex with always be hard copy, not eBook. It's too many bytes, too pretty, and formatted for print. A Kindle or emulator would never do it justice.)

https://www.amazon.com/Duel-Ages-Codex-Brett-Murrell/dp/1938...

Also, Book 1 of Dusties is available on Amazon Kindle for 99 cents. There will several other ways to get a hold of it as well, which we'll get to soon. You can find it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Dusties-Book-1-Kerem-Beyit-ebook/dp/B...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful!
I don't suppose you have any idea when it might come to Canadian Amazon, would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Murrell
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about Canada, but it's published on the Amazons available through CreateSpace, which should be everyone. I know John Ibarzabal on these threads bought it in Brazil and it worked okay, cost only $11 for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpitfireIXA wrote:
Not sure about Canada, but it's published on the Amazons available through CreateSpace, which should be everyone. I know John Ibarzabal on these threads bought it in Brazil and it worked okay, cost only $11 for shipping.

Yeah I was amazed how cheap shipping cost to deliver the book here in Brazil.
Not sure, maybe amazon is using their own logistics, saving money that way.
The other good thing is, since this is a book there is no import taxes for the book to arrive here also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine's on the way! I can't wait to get a look inside and play more DoA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered - Amazon uk. Free delivery with prime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hesy
Germany
Bad Iburg
flag msg tools
mbmb
biffta wrote:
Ordered - Amazon uk. Free delivery with prime!

same for germany. awesome stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I picked it up mostly to be a completionist, but wow, the Codex is beautiful and having all the rules, clarifications, and strategy in one book is great. I'm really glad I got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
(Note: The Codex with always be hard copy, not eBook. It's too many bytes, too pretty, and formatted for print. A Kindle or emulator would never do it justice.)

It might be true. But I really want e-edition these days as I really can't more space to file just one more book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjoern Manau
Germany
flag msg tools
8€ Shipping without Prime for Germany. Curious of we get some visions of the Future Expansions like we did here on Boardgamegeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hahn
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got them both. Now if I could just figure out what a "Card of Glory" was...

Thanks for all of the hard work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today. Love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S G
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett, are you aware of this? I was browsing CSI today when I noticed a listing for Spellcaster: Potions and thought I was looking at my newly-arrived copy of the Codex. There's a discussion here....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just saw that myself. I thought they were selling the codex at first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jim.brooks10 wrote:
Got mine today. Love it.

Me too...
The cover is gorgeous.
I really like the insight in strategies about creating the board, the team, and each character has its own instructions and insights...

It is so rare when you see this level of detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midian2000 wrote:
Got them both. Now if I could just figure out what a "Card of Glory" was...

Thanks for all of the hard work!

It means a card that really combines with the strengths of that char.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to give another thumbsup for the Codex - a lovely piece to complete my DofA set (at least until an expansion comes along!).

Also just wanted to give a little public thankyou for an excellent bit of customer service from Brett - won't go into detail, but thanks Brett!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't get over how much I love this codex. I have it on my living room table and keep getting drawn to it. I pick it up, thumb through, read a few things and set it down. Over and over.

My girlfriend and I had a 31 games in 31 days challenge, we tied on victories and a game of Duel of Ages 2 is going to be our tiebreaker so I told her about the strategies section so she can get her strategy on. I have played more of it, mostly solo to get the basics down to teach it. Even the teaching section in the book is quite good. But I told her to choose the game and she said that Duel of Ages is the only way to go to have a battle to the death.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased it on US Amazon (live in Alberta, CA). Bought for a very reasonable price of $34 USD (including all shipping etc).

Beautiful quality, lots of information and best part about DOA2 Codex is the strategy guide + each character has a write up / strategy.

I especially will enjoy new players being able to read strategy on the characters they are playing. I think that will be very helpful.

A great addition to my game, I will NEVER part with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dietrich
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to own this.

Would have loved it more if the character's cards were printed with their entry so that I don't have to go look up their card to see what you are referencing in some of the entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
porter235 wrote:
Happy to own this.

Would have loved it more if the character's cards were printed with their entry so that I don't have to go look up their card to see what you are referencing in some of the entries.

This was my biggest disappointment. I can't just have a pleasant reading during a travel or in the toilet, because I'm missing the cards to fully understand what is being said about the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.