• [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have any play experience yet, but when the previews were getting posted, I was very, very excited by Blue, specifically the Truth spec. I have a dream of finding ways to use Dreamscape to annihilate my opponent's board with cheap targeted spells/abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Im on the same boar, havent played it yet, but i think i´ll enjoy the future deck. i like the idea of getting things and paying for them later...also the idea of being against the ropes and then suddenly comes this creature that I summoned 4 turns ago, to the rescue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my favorite combinaison gonna be Bashing/Fire*/Feral.
I feel it can answer so many different things and can win in so many different ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried Dreamscape a few times. It usually results in me wiping the opponent's board followed by them wiping my board. It's definitely a two-edged sword, but it is fun.

My favourite spec I think has to be Ninjutsu. Setsuki Hiruki is an interesting hero - smaller than usual at level 1 (1/3 rather than 2/3), but having swift strike on attack is great, and oh that sweet, sweet maxband ability of drawing 2 extra cards per turn, completely free modest And then Tech I has Inverse Power Ninja, which as well as being hilarious can also be huge; Tech II has Glorious Ninja (4/3 haste first strike) and Porcupine (2/6 deathtouch); and Setsuki's ultimate spell has won me the game more than once by giving my pre-existing Ninjas stealth as well as giving stealth to the four hasty 1/1 tokens it makes.

As for what's most effective? After 50 or so games I've come to the conclusion that Demonology and Strength are both incredibly strong, the kind of spec that makes you groan when you see them against you, or make you feel dirty for winning using them. But I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying them out; both of them are beatable, and both of them are fun to win with the first few times, before it gets monotonous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
alextfish wrote:
I've tried Dreamscape a few times. It usually results in me wiping the opponent's board followed by them wiping my board. It's definitely a two-edged sword, but it is fun.

My favourite spec I think has to be Ninjutsu. Setsuki Hiruki is an interesting hero - smaller than usual at level 1 (1/3 rather than 2/3), but having swift strike on attack is great, and oh that sweet, sweet maxband ability of drawing 2 extra cards per turn, completely free modest And then Tech I has Inverse Power Ninja, which as well as being hilarious can also be huge; Tech II has Glorious Ninja (4/3 haste first strike) and Porcupine (2/6 deathtouch); and Setsuki's ultimate spell has won me the game more than once by giving my pre-existing Ninjas stealth as well as giving stealth to the four hasty 1/1 tokens it makes.

As for what's most effective? After 50 or so games I've come to the conclusion that Demonology and Strength are both incredibly strong, the kind of spec that makes you groan when you see them against you, or make you feel dirty for winning using them. But I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from trying them out; both of them are beatable, and both of them are fun to win with the first few times, before it gets monotonous

what makes them so brutal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably future. Their stuff is just so cool and powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Probably future. Their stuff is just so cool and powerful.

the protoss cameos dont hurt,either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I like all the Red stuff. Law really appeals to me as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
This might sound self-destructive, but from my very limited PNP plays and plowing through the card lists, I really like red and, moreso, black.

Summon a bunch of throw-away creatures and sacrifice them or pick up enemies from a distance? ✔

Slowly kill all your units, but theirs more? ✔

Strike real powerful bargains that put you at the brink of destruction? ✔

What's not to like? sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
This might sound self-destructive, but from my very limited PNP plays and plowing through the card lists, I really like red and, moreso, black.

Summon a bunch of throw-away creatures and sacrifice them or pick up enemies from a distance? ✔

sounds like a game with you will be short,brutal and fun devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
PiHalbe wrote:

Try mixing Black Starter (Graveyard) with Blood Tech II. Use Garth Torken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SirHandsome wrote:
So far, I like all the Red stuff. Law really appeals to me as well.

I just played a game of Red vs. Green as the Red side, and I was surprised by how much I liked it! The Fire spec in particular reminded me of a very straightforward playstyle: tempo units combined with tempo removal spells. But I also found myself really liking some of the available tricks from other specs, like being able to use Kidnapping against the higher-tech Feral units!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leontes44 wrote:

Try mixing Black Starter (Graveyard) with Blood Tech II. Use Garth Torken.

Just "learned"* in the CAFS 2016 Tournament that the aforementioned is a deadly combination. I'm still on the mono side, but I see the appeal.

* The hard way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.