Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Possible Release Date... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Arkham Nights 2016 was recently announced at the FFG site and they report that you can buy AH LCG for the first time there

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/30/arkham-...

Could a worlwide release be expected at the same time? I hope so

So excited for this game meeple

Oh my god... and they give us a glimpse of a first Scenario Pack... special to this event laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I have my core set rolled in with a Miniature Market pre-order for At the Gates of Loyang, so I probably won't see it until November. That said, I'm pumped! Hopefully this announcement and possible release date confirmation will continue to spur on good discussion.

Curse of the Rougarou already looks sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh look! A bag!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me, I have never pre-ordered a game before, but, does this mean it will be available ON or AROUND the 14-15th? People who pre-ordered SHOULD get it before then if they are selling it at Arkham Nights?
Like I said, I have absolutely no idea what to expect with a pre-order far as this is my first. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to point out, the scenario is not exclusive to the event, the article says:

"This gift bag also contains The Curse of the Rougarou, an exclusive new scenario for Arkham Horror: The Card Game that gives you the chance to experience a horrific new adventure before it’s released to the general public."

So, it will be released to the general public later.

But yeah, Arkham Nights seemed like a good opportunity to time the release. The question is how much later it will hit the stores...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I won't be at Arkham Nights, so I need to find a fancy bag elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to guarantee a copy of Arkham Horror LCG at that event would I need to pre-order it? I have never picked a game up like this from a physical location (i.e. only pre-ordered online and it just shipped when it was released).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Curse of the Rougarou pack looks mighty thin. I would bet there are no player cards included in it. I have a feeling it is going to be a PoD one shot scenario and not part of the regular cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they take preorders for events. You'd just show up and buy it. Theoretically they could sell out, but I haven't heard of this happening as there aren't that many people attending Arkham Nights compared to an actual convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
The Curse of the Rougarou pack looks mighty thin. I would bet there are no player cards included in it. I have a feeling it is going to be a PoD one shot scenario and not part of the regular cycle.

They do a lot of these for LoTR so that's what I was thinking too. They're usually really great quests!

I do wonder though with the campaign nature of the game where these POD quests will fall. I'll be curious to see how leveled up of a character you'll need to tackle them. Usually the LoTR ones are really really hard.

I wanna go to Arkham Nights so bad now!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
Doesn't seem likely. FFG is good at keeping their website up to date on the status of print runs. This one is still listed as "at the printer", meanwhile they have a large shipment of stuff "on the boat". Given shipment and distribution times it would need to hit the boat like now to make it in time, guess we will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
They do a lot of these for LoTR so that's what I was thinking too. They're usually really great quests!

I do wonder though with the campaign nature of the game where these POD quests will fall. I'll be curious to see how leveled up of a character you'll need to tackle them. Usually the LoTR ones are really really hard.

That's a good point. I expect that there are two ways to handle it:
1. One-off quests are treated as normal "0 xp" quests
2. One-off quests tell you how much xp you have to spend

#2 makes more sense from a perspective of wanting to release very challenging or special quests, but then you can't just show up with a deck and play as easily. Of course, LotR already has this same problem with respect to Hero uniqueness and Arkham Horror would share that too.

So how does LotR handle it today if you show up to play a special Gencon scenario and multiple people are using the same Hero?

Anyway, it seems like you would need to potentially at least tweak your deck on the spot adding in some upgrades if the quest gave you starting xp. Cool idea, but bumpy for actual implementation at events. No problem for home use though, as you'd know in advance. You could solve it by advertising your event's xp level, that should handle future events, just not the launch event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this is a US only thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an event held at FFG's headquarters building, which is located in the US. People from anywhere around the world are welcome to show up of course.

Basically it's like a tiny little convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberalien18 wrote:
So, Arkham Nihgts 2016 was recently announced at the FFG site and they report that you can buy AH LCG for the first time there

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/30/arkham-...

Could a worlwide release be expected at the same time? I hope so

So excited for this game meeple

Oh my god... and they give us a glimpse of a first Scenario Pack... special to this event laugh

Web page is not available at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
It worked for me earlier, but now it doesn't...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
toliveischrist77 wrote:

So how does LotR handle it today if you show up to play a special Gencon scenario and multiple people are using the same hero?

I've never been fortunate enough to attend any special LoTR events so I'm afraid I can't speak authoritatively about it. I do listen to a lot of podcasts though and the challenges the uniqueness rule presents are spoken about frequently so it's definitely a thing. The general solution seems to be "bring multiple decks".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington VA
flag msg tools
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes it takes a year or two for the LotR special event quests to show up as Print on Demand on the FFG website.

I read the description of The Curse of the Rougarou as likening it to AD&D starter set, that comes out before the whole set is released, like heres 10 cards, play a 1 room quest, wet your appetite, order the whole game, play it here at Arkham Nights exclusive kinda thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone messed up?!

The page that worked before (for a period of 3-4 hours) seems to have vanished!

But the link for the image i have provided continues to work, so i think they are changing something on the page or it became online before it was suppposed.

I can confirm that the text said that the Scenario Pack was "offered" at Arkham Nights, but would be available for anyone later... perhaps as a POD?!

Anyway, i think that we - the one that can't go to the event - will play this game soon after it or around the same time (for pre-orders and the like). It's better than gettin it in a "possible" December as it falls on the announced 4th quarter of 2016.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
When is Arkham Nights this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guillyberto wrote:
Doesn't seem likely. FFG is good at keeping their website up to date on the status of print runs. This one is still listed as "at the printer", meanwhile they have a large shipment of stuff "on the boat". Given shipment and distribution times it would need to hit the boat like now to make it in time, guess we will see.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

The page is pure marketing. People like Steve Horvath have said how they print entire cycles of cards at once, and we know from the designers that they design and playtest cycles as a whole, but the page will happily tell you pack 1 on it's way to stores, while packs 2 & 3 are being shipped, while packs 4 & 5 are at the printer and pack 6 is in development. Statuses are fudged based on how far away they are from hitting the store shelf. It's useful to see if something is in the process of being reprinted though.

Seems the news article has been pulled, maybe it went up to too early. Hopefully this will be a kit that stores can pick up too like the Fellowship events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington VA
flag msg tools
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
page pack up as of 5:20 EST

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep... the page is back on the FGG site.

For those who want the Scenario Pack:

"The Curse of the Rougarou scenario will be released to the general public through our in-house manufacturing at a later date."

So, we can have it the "POD way" meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Gardiner
Canada
flag msg tools
I expect the actual game will show up to retailers the following Thursday (20th) or the 27th at the latest. I can't imagine it being at Arkham Nights and taking until November to hit retail shelves.

The scenario on the other hand I expect will be closer to December or January. I can't remember how long the LOTR POD quests usually take, but I don't think it was super quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hearing Halloween release for a while now so that makes complete sense to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.