$30.00
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No Honor Among Thieves is now live on Kickstarter!

In No Honor Among Thieves, players are criminal masterminds working to assemble crews of rogues to try and steal the most wealth from the rich and powerful of a fantasy city. Working alone is difficult, but working together with other players leaves you open to the possibility of betrayal--or gives you the chance to betray them, and take it all for yourself. An unspoken code of honor governs the thieves of this city, but that won't last past the first betrayal, and once that uneasy trust is gone the game becomes more dangerous as players tap into underhanded abilities that they couldn't use while the code of honor was intact.

Reviews are already coming in from the critics we sent the game. Father Geek called it "A game that starts off tense and only gets more tense as it continues" in a review that won us the Father Geek Seal of Approval here.

Assemble your crew. Make your plans. Take it all.

Check out the campaign here, and thanks for your support.

Adam Watts
Carpe Omnis Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All right, a little over halfway through the campaign now, figured I'd come in and post an update here.

In addition to the Father Geek Seal of Approval, No Honor Among Thieves has been getting fantastic reviews from other critics, who love the betrayals, tense gameplay and intertwining of the theme and mechanics.

Everything Board Games gave it 8 out of 10 Super Meeples, and said "The deception and backstabbing gets so deep and frequent that you forget who even started it in the first place."

Jonathan Liu of GeekDad said "If you like games that involve stabbing your friends in the back, this will be right up your alley."

Nick Meenachan of Board Game Brawl said, "If you like that pressure, if you like that nuance ... then you should definitely check out No Honor Among Thieves."

Undead Viking called it "One of those wonderful, very very thematic euros" and "Just a really fun game" in his video overview.

Steven Tudor of Polyhedron Collider called it "One of the best Kickstarter games I have reviewed this year", after live-tweeting a playthrough of the game at a game night with his crew earlier in the week.

On September 10, No Honor Among Thieves was in the Tabletop Showcase at the Boston Festival of Indie Games, where I and my brother (who thankfully volunteered to man the booth with me, I couldn't have done it otherwise) ran demos and talked about the game for almost eight solid hours. Everyone who played it walked away having had a great time, and we ran out of the promo coins we were giving away at about four o'clock.

Over the course of the campaign backers have also started contributing fantastic ideas that have been incorporated into the game and the campaign, including one backer Alexander, who put my prototype files into a mod for Tabletop Simulator so that people could test the game before deciding if they want to pledge. At the request of backers I have also added in new stretch goals and new pledge levels--check out the campaign page for more details on those. I'm also currently working on a video demonstration of how a turn or two in the game might go, so that people can see how things usually flow.

There are 11 days left, and the campaign is currently 70% funded. We're closing in on it.

Check the game out on Kickstarter, and put in a pledge if you think you could plan a heist that they'll be talking about for years to come.

Trust is a fragile thing, and there is no such thing as honor among thieves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update here: It's the last day of the campaign, and we've hit the stretch goal that adds metal coins to each and every copy of the game pledged for on Kickstarter.

If you're on the fence about backing, I'd imagine that might be enough to shove you over. Check out the campaign page here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.