Subject: Possible to play regular Love Letter in this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of getting rid of my Love Letter if I can outright play it in this version. I looked on the website and didn't see a few of roles from the regular version. From the top of my head, I don't remember seeing the Priest, Countess, or the Handmaid. Do you know if they were cut for Love Letter Premium? If so, it still may be worth getting rid of if this game is similar enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah From what I have heard it contains all the regular love letter cards, and those other cards are added in based on player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Then goodbye Love Letter, and hello Love Letter Premium (in a month or two).

On another note, I am excited this is extending to 8 players because I don't have a lot of games that play that much. Also, this will be a great lunch time game to play since usually we have over 4 people in our group (upwards of 7). Can't wait for it to come out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the expansion material also released separately so one option would be just purchase expansion? I was personally planning to go that route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe there is an expansion available or planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina Schrempf
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would an expansion even work? The premium edition has bigger cards. Would be impossible to mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Candacis wrote:
How would an expansion even work? The premium edition has bigger cards. Would be impossible to mix.
Not if the expansion (which I had also read about somewhere) were printed on normal sized cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley Sheak
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion instead of getting the whole box of premium would be nice, but I have the adventure time version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
I own Love Letter and just received Love Letter Premium today. I couldn't pass up the new cards, larger cards and the beautiful sleeves and affection tokens!

So here's what I really like about already owning the original Love Letter - I used the pouch the original game came in to store the new tokens of affection. It goes quite nicely with the rest of the premium set and classes it up (no more baggy!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.