Ghostbusters: Protect the Barrier Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do you replace Rowan when he moves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Ringer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When Rowan moves after flipping his card do you replace him with a ghost token (so that you are always adding 1 more ghost to the board) or is he supposed to just move? I figured I would add the 1 extra ghost and got beat up (playing solo with 2 Ghostbusters) which is probably good as it means I can get more out of the game. But was I doing it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rowan just moves. You shouldn't be adding an additional ghost in his previous location. Although if you wanted the extra challenge I suppose you could! Also, playing with just 2 Ghostbusters really increases the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Ringer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have played it 4 times now (all solo, I imported it from the US and so was probably a little too excited when it arrived). The first time was on basic and second on advanced. I won both fairly easily. Then I added Rowan (adding the extra Ghost when he moved) and lost both time but the second was close, only needed one token to win. I did not realise that having only 2 players makes it that much harder (because a new ghost is (probably) played every player turn so I figured it would scale well) but I am looking for a challenge so I am glad that it is tougher (as I will be playing with 2 most of the time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.