Subject: Are there games with similar mechanics ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojciech Pietrzak
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Are there games with similar playing mechanics like Gnomi ?

I mean where you're flipping cards upside down (not back to front like Hanabi) and the opponent get clues looking at the back of your card ?

Regards,
Astro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fouts
United States
San Martin
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of. There are others that play completely in hand, for example Oddball Aeronauts.

If anyone knows of one, I would love to try it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/172866/dragon-punch/foru...

its not even mentioned in the two text based reviews, but one of the main innovations is that damage is taken by rotating the card upside down. WHihc sort of non intuitively, makes that card stronger. At least that is what I recall, maybe it was changed before publication....Also using a card is indicated by flipping toward the opponent (revealing it) again maybe not an intuitive rule...

Anyhow the rotating of the cards strikes me as very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
elhnad legs
msg tools
interesting that both of these games came out within a few months of each other with the same rotating cards mechanic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I remember when Dragon Punch was first discussed on one of the forums I thought that mechanism was new then. It's very interesting indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.