23 Posts

Super Motherload» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game out-of-print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Espinosa
Chile
flag msg tools
I have seen used and new copies sold at very high prices, and stores where the price remain reasonable it's out of stock.
So, is this out of print or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Holman
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife just purchased this game for my birthday a few weeks ago from Amazon. She didn't tell me how much it cost but she sure didn't spend what it is currently listed as.

It must be out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's currently out of print.

Roxley is currently in the process of fulfiling the Santorini Kickstarter, and in one of the updates they mentioned that they were having more copies of Super Motherload printed so that they could combine shipping from China.

They offered Super Motherload in the Santorini pledge manager as well, so I imagine it's not long until it's back in retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh is right! And thanks for checking.

We are currently out of stock for our American supplier (other areas have copies, still) but we are hoping to have stock available again for October.

Carpe d6...

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans for expansion that you can share Paul?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing is in the cards at the moment, Dan! I wouldn't say it's *never* going to happen - anything is possible and we have had a number of people asking (which we appreciate) - but we've got a pretty full roster for the next little while already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:
Nothing is in the cards at the moment, Dan! I wouldn't say it's *never* going to happen - anything is possible and we have had a number of people asking (which we appreciate) - but we've got a pretty full roster for the next little while already...

soblue I was really hoping something was in the works. I talk up the game every chance I get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to hear it is being reprinted. I can't wait to get a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg Wolgast
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:

I'd just like to chime in and say that I recently discovered this game and it's one of my favourites! I'd love an expansion if it ever comes out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:

I swore Gavin said something was in the works. Did it get put on the back back burner for now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mind_ranger wrote:

I swore Gavin said something was in the works. Did it get put on the back back burner for now?

I have spoken to him since this post, and it's my understanding that some new ideas are indeed being experimented with... but it has a lot of things in the queue in front of it. So I wouldn't expect an announcement in the short term.

*edited for grammar*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
mind_ranger wrote:

I have spoken to him since this post, and it's my understanding that some new ideas are indeed being experimented with... but it has a lot of things in the queue in front of it. So I wouldn't expect an announcement in the short term.

*edited for grammar*

Well it's a great game and one that deserves more attention.. Hope you can get back to it sooner than later. Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news. I had this one in my wishlist for a long time and screwed around and let it sell out. I'll be sure to not let it sell out again before I pick up a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pulling

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
I'll have my wallet eagerly awaiting if I hear something announced! Super Motherload is fantastic and I love it!

Cheers,
Vincent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grayson
Australia
flag msg tools
Cool to hear Paul. Zee from The Dice Tower just reviewed it in Board Game Blender. As a lover of steam punk and deckbuilders this spiked my interest.

Put a copy behind the counter for me for Christmas I'll pick it up then. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that copies are supposedly in route to the US, but I wonder (hope) if they'll make it in time for Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
I know that copies are supposedly in route to the US, but I wonder (hope) if they'll make it in time for Christmas.

I don't have an exact date to update you with, unfortunately... it's still en route, so all we can do is estimate. Cross your fingers, everybody!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:
OxfordRow wrote:

I don't have an exact date to update you with, unfortunately... it's still en route, so all we can do is estimate. Cross your fingers, everybody!

Crossing fingers and toes if it'll help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Any news on the shipment? Eagerly awaiting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is in North America, but hasn't yet been sent to all of our regular distribution channels yet. So you could place an order at our website right now, or at your FLGS, but I'm not sure how long it will take to get to you (before Christmas is extremely unlikely at this point).

I'd estimate if you give us another week or two, things should be back to "normal". But our main focus right now is still on Santorini, so this has to be gotten to when it can be gotten to.

(Hey, did you all see the third print run box cover Gavan just uploaded?)

(edited for syntax)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mind_ranger wrote:
(Hey, did you all see the third print run box cover Gavan just uploaded?)

Box art looks amazing. I've had this game on my radar for a long time but it's been out of print. Can't wait to pick up a copy once it gets in stock in the coming weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ERIC DEFILIPPO
United States
Jacksonville (Arlington)
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought a copy at CSI. They have many more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MM had a trickle of copies. Snagged one using rewards points = cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.