Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coveyou
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are hoping to launch in early 2017. Not much later than February. By that time files will be ready so the delivery time will hopefully be really quick :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnCoveyou wrote:
We are hoping to launch in early 2017. Not much later than February. By that time files will be ready so the delivery time will hopefully be really quick :-)

Any more update on the kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pusboyau wrote:
JohnCoveyou wrote:

Any more update on the kickstarter?

7th March according to this: N/A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Change of plans? I looked for it all day yesterday….
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah, they said it's been delayed a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coveyou
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry about that! Yes, I decided to push it back by one week. I didn't run into any issues, the files are actually getting prepped for manufacturing (yes BEFORE the KS even begins) but I needed more time to button up all the final financial details on the campaign. I made a mistake on shipping costs on earlier campaigns and it cost me dearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnCoveyou wrote:
So sorry about that! Yes, I decided to push it back by one week. I didn't run into any issues, the files are actually getting prepped for manufacturing (yes BEFORE the KS even begins) but I needed more time to button up all the final financial details on the campaign. I made a mistake on shipping costs on earlier campaigns and it cost me dearly.

Are you going to send a copy to Rahdo for playthrough?

Love the theme
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnCoveyou wrote:

Oof, sorry to hear about the costly error, but I'm really glad you delayed this one in order to better calculate and prepare!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coveyou
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we are sending a copy to Rahdo! He said he'd have time to play it later in March, so it will be after the KS goes live, but still good news!

And yes, better we make sure our cost and financial are correct than launch prematurely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paco Torres Fernández
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
March 14th as you can see is their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/GotGeniusGames/photos/a.53699075970...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coveyou
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ruth,

We are still working on making EU Friendly.

Sorry about that but I will keep you posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi!

Is there any news on making the game EU friendly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Spencer
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just recently purchased Lords of Waterdeep. Is this game different enough from LoW (or other worker placement games such as Mint Works) to warrant owning both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
billyboy429 wrote:
I just recently purchased Lords of Waterdeep. Is this game different enough from LoW (or other worker placement games such as Mint Works) to warrant owning both?
Watch Rahdo's Run-Through for a really well-done preview and exploration of the game.

It seems like a lighter WP game than LoW, probably not as light as MW -- disclaimer, never played MW but have been reading about it -- but a good introduction to the genre. If your game group is used to games on the scale of Agricola or Caverna, it will probably end up being too light and scripted for them (if you're going there, I know you have to go there next and then there, the only question is when). But it looks like it would be a very good gateway for the WP mechanic, possibly even better than LoW (my current "baby's first Worker Placement" game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily MV
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Having studied Cell Biology at Uni- I love the look of this game! Never backed anything on Kickstarter before but am based in the UK so not sure how that would work out with shipping and customs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.