Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
To end our boardgame day at Randy's, Randy, Rich and I played a game of Attika. None of us had played it before, and for once, Randy took the "Explain the rules" position.

Attika is a strange little game, quite a lot of fun, but one that, for inexperienced players, proved to be full of missteps.

We began by thinking "Connect two Shrines! It's the way to win!" We were quickly disabused of this notion as we became aware of how easy it was to block people.

At this point, I became aware of how full the squares were around my "Corinth", which meant that I wasn't going to be able to play a lot of tiles for free. Oops.

This was bad. Really bad. It wasn't helping that I was really having a problem with the costs, and had to keep losing turns just to draw 3 landscape cards.

Rich wasn't doing much better. He'd been drawing evenly from each of his piles, so wasn't getting close to extra landscape tiles, which may have helped him.

Randy was doing the best. And, as the end of the game came up, we just couldn't catch him. I did alright, all things considered: I only had about 8 tiles left. It could have been worse (like the many, many tiles that Rich had).

Hmm. An interesting game, and one that, for our first experience at, I wasn't good at. Oh well. Off to bsw, I suppose!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.