$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
J.D. Hall
msg tools
If Ferret can post opinion pieces, so can I. This is interesting. No doubt the US has made mistakes in its foreign relations with other countries, which the author points out. But I'd still like to see the meat on the bones; instead, Trump just says "I can do it better!" Whatev...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/29/genius-trumps-fore...

I did find it interesting that Hillary Clinton was a key part of President Reagan's advisors in the 1980s....shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
If Ferret can post opinion pieces, so can I. This is interesting. No doubt the US has made mistakes in its foreign relations with other countries, which the author points out. But I'd still like to see the meat on the bones; instead, Trump just says "I can do it better!" Whatev...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/29/genius-trumps-fore...

I did find it interesting that Hillary Clinton was a key part of President Reagan's advisors in the 1980s....shake

At first glance, I couldn't help but note this "opinion" piece is little more than a set of bullet points of dissatisfaction with little or no analysis nor nay historical context. This guy really needs an editor if this is his native writing style.

Clearly, there are significant shortcomings in the Obama administration vis-a-vis both economic and foreign policy the article is woefully inadequate in exploring the hows and whys of these shortcomings nor any concrete discussion of positive solutions.

Both middle east foreign policy and world trade are in their current state as a result of decades of efforts by presidents of both parties. Trumps rhetoric focuses on Obama/Clinton without truly embracing the contributions of Reagan, both Bushes AND Bill Clinton. He brings a fairly isolationist view of US policy which hasn't predominated since the 1930's and surrenders way too much initiative to our global competitors.

And, by the way, Trumps "fiscal" acumen is pretty much all about financing real estate deals which doesn't make him remotely competent in matters of global macroeconomics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:
Clearly, there are significant shortcomings in the Obama administration....

Even after Our Beloved Congress gave him a blank check? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
He gripes that China got into WTO. He seems to forget that they were admitted in December 2001 - ten months into the presidency of George W. Bush. Nor does he note that support for China WTO membership was much stronger among Republican members of Congress than Democrats. Actually, that's a rule - GOP on the Hill are more prone to support trade liberalizing steps (like permanent most favored nation status for China, and China WTO membership) than Dems. Wait, who was it that negotiated NAFTA? Why, I do believe that was the administration of George H.W. Bush. And yes, then the Clinton administration supported that policy and managed final ratification of NAFTA. So it was reasonably bi-partisan

And wait - this idiot wants to divide Eastern Europe (which he doesn't further define) into spheres of influence with Russia? I thought the right wing were still having fits over allegations that we divided Europe into spheres of influence at Yalta?

But minor little details like that are unimportant when feting the brilliance of The Donald's luminescent foreign policy chops. If HE thinks Trump's instincts are spot-on, maybe he'd like to ask Anthony Weiner for tips on tasteful photography.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.