Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
My copy of the game arrived today!

I went through everything, and it seems I received 2 copies of Action Card #2 (which is supposed to have 2 copies of it in the deck). My understanding is, however, that duplicate copies of cards still have different card numbers assigned to them so I'm guessing I simply received 2 copies of the same card. Am I right about all this?

With the card removed, my total action card count is 105 and all card numbers from 1 to 105 are there. So I suspect this was simply a machine oversight (better to receive an extra card than a missing one!).

Also, what's with the guild tile named "Pessoners & Stokfysshe-Mongers?" Or did I accidentally get a German card slipped in with all the English ones? I gather that translates to Fish Mongers or something like that? I'm just wondering if everyone who received English copies of the game received a tile with that name. Perhaps it's a German word with no proper English translation??

Also, one quick rules question while I'm thinking of it. Is it safe to assume that all liverymen and neutral liverymen are limited. So if you receive a benefit that says "Gain 1 neutral liveryman" and there are none, you get nothing? I would assume that's the case, just checking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
My copy of the game arrived today!

I went through everything, and it seems I received 2 copies of Action Card #2 (which is supposed to have 2 copies of it in the deck). My understanding is, however, that duplicate copies of cards still have different card numbers assigned to them so I'm guessing I simply received 2 copies of the same card. Am I right about all this?

Yep - lucky you!!!!

schnel wrote:
With the card removed, my total action card count is 105 and all card numbers from 1 to 105 are there. So I suspect this was simply a machine oversight (better to receive an extra card than a missing one!).

Yes - 105 cards is what you need in the main deck (21 in each of the five colours/suits)!

schnel wrote:
Also, what's with the guild tile named "Pessoners & Stokfysshe-Mongers?" Or did I accidentally get a German card slipped in with all the English ones? I gather that translates to Fish Mongers or something like that? I'm just wondering if everyone who received English copies of the game received a tile with that name. Perhaps it's a German word with no proper English translation??

Pessoner is an old name for a Fishmonger and Stokefysshemonger is a medieval misspelling of Stock Fishmonger; given that I wasn't allowed to use real shields, I also decided to rename some Guilds to give them a more historical (and eclectic) feel! Hence this odd name...

schnel wrote:
Also, one quick rules question while I'm thinking of it. Is it safe to assume that all liverymen and neutral liverymen are limited. So if you receive a benefit that says "Gain 1 neutral liveryman" and there are none, you get nothing? I would assume that's the case, just checking.

Yes indeed. Neutral and player liverymen are limited (the former limiting the supply during setup ie. for each player, two neutrals will be available in the 'pool')

Enjoy the game!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
tonyboydell wrote:

Enjoy the game!!!

I'm sure I will when you consider who designed it! ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
tonyboydell wrote:
Neutral and player liverymen are limited (the former limiting the supply during setup ie. for each player, two neutrals will be available in the 'pool').

Wait, just verifying your wording above. I understand that you start the game with 2 neutrals per player. But I want to be sure that you're not saying that EACH PLAYER is limited to 2 neutrals. Thus, in a 2-player game, there are 4 neutrals, but it is possible that one player could hoard all 4 of them, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The pool is limited but personal 'collection' isn't :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of getting extra things, my copy had two of the Reference Guides showing the explication of the various cards, even though the instruction manifest only lists one. Is everyone getting two, or am I just lucky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
dmoser22 wrote:
Speaking of getting extra things, my copy had two of the Reference Guides showing the explication of the various cards, even though the instruction manifest only lists one. Is everyone getting two, or am I just lucky?

I got two as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:

2 is correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Poling
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may ask, where did you buy your copy? I pre-ordered from Cardhaus and the availability date just got pushed back to end of September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Cool Stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I originally pre-ordered from Miniature Market, but then I got impatient after I saw other people getting theirs and MiniMarket was still showing "back-ordered", so I ordered one from Cool Stuff. Next day, MiniMarket shipped, and I ended up getting both last Thurs (8/25).

Now I guess I have an extra to scalp for crazy profits when the first print run promptly sells out. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Poling
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. Cardhaus said (today) that MM got it early because of a distributor mistake and that everyone else is waiting on it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.