$5.00
$20.00
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it says the "effect lasts until the end of the game"...and then "this ability can only be used once, ..."

i take it the "effect" is the "whenever a until enters your territory, put an augment counter on it"...if i'm correct so far, what's the purpose of the "this ability can only be used once" text? since it remains in effect why would i ever need to use/activate it again?

thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To avoid it stacking, would be my guess.

Wouldn't want it to be 2 augment tokens. And then 3...

I mean the game would be totally over before then but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
To avoid it stacking, would be my guess.

Wouldn't want it to be 2 augment tokens. And then 3...

I mean the game would be totally over before then but still.
"once per each card"? makes sense i guess...so any card without an augment token (from this ability) would get 1, but any/all cards that had already rec'd 1 would not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Thomas
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It's saying that the ability that grants the effect doesn't go on cooldown and refresh like other hero abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lathomas64 wrote:
It's saying that the ability that grants the effect doesn't go on cooldown and refresh like other hero abilities.
maybe...i don't read it that way at all, BUT...i have no idea, so maybe you're right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hi everyone,

The intention from that wording is that the Aegis of Strength hero ability will only ever be used once in a game. The ability doesn't ready itself, and a player couldn't use it again to put a second Aegis into play.

The Aegis itself lasts for the rest of the game though, and continues to have an effect on the game.

Cheers,

Underground Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.