Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Hard? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished playing the first quest (solo) for the first time. I won with one character dead and the other having one health remaining. Whew...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with only two heroes is quite a bit more difficult than playing with 3 or 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup! Very challenging game, and quest 3 in particular is a real nightmare with less than 4 heroes! Lots of fun though!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Tyler
United States
flag msg tools
Definitely not an easy one. I like to play solo with 3 characters, feels like it eases it up a bit and lets you be more "thematic" - dwarf can be a tank, mage a glass cannon, paladin/rogue support. When I played with 2 characters, that flavor was lost - both of them had to try and do everything instead of playing a more specific role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

We got through all the scenarios with Two players, until the end...then we got mauled.

KAM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
goldmonkee wrote:
Definitely not an easy one. I like to play solo with 3 characters, feels like it eases it up a bit and lets you be more "thematic" - dwarf can be a tank, mage a glass cannon, paladin/rogue support. When I played with 2 characters, that flavor was lost - both of them had to try and do everything instead of playing a more specific role.

This. Exactly my feelings.

Unfortunately, the difficulty with three heroes is much less.

So I am stuck in the middle with this game. I want the tension and win ratio of the two hero version, but the ability freedom, theme, and enjoyment of the three hero version.

For now, mechanistic enjoyment has won over mechanistic frustration - so 3 heroes it has been since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing with four heroes and enjoying it. Seems like a lot at first, but by the end of the second campaign adventure it is really easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.