Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb

I review all my games when they get to 100 plays. For the full list see My 100 Plays Reviews.

First Impressions:

My first impressions were very positive. I played someone else's copy, and then kept requesting it over and over again whenever I saw him. I didn't initially buy my own, although I really wanted to, because my husband hates cooperative games as a rule, and as my main gaming partner, I thought it wouldn't come out. Then someone I'd been tutoring gave me the game as a thank you gift, and that was it, I was hooked!

Getting to 100 plays:

2012: 1
2013: 42
2014: 34
2015: 18
2016: 6

As you can see from the playrate this game was hugely popular when we first got it, and the very high playrate was maintained in 2014 by picking up all the expansions, as everyone wanted to try out all the new boards. Playrate has declined in a bit in the last 6 months, but it's still coming out regularly.

Current Impressions:

The "newness" has now worn off for all the boards, and we've settled into more of a set pattern of play, especially with the two main groups this tables with. It's still a great game for late in the evening when we want something lighter, as well as one of the best coops out there - you really do feel like you're fighting a fire that just won't go out. It's the only coop that my husband actually enjoys, and will actually suggest - he will play others under sufferance, but not by choice.

Will there be another 100 plays?

I suspect so, but it'll probably be well over 5 years before it sees those next 100 plays, as it's not seeing anything like the same playrate as it did when it was new. It shows no sign of being replaced by anything though - Pandemic Legacy has probably hurt its playrate this year (just because my husband won't play two coops in a day and we're playing through those scenarios with the same group we usually play this with), but it shows no sign of being forgotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm only at 80 or so, but this is one of my son's favorite games so we play it fairly frequently, although it has tailed off a bit in the past year or two as well. We did print out the two pnp boards here on the Geek (seaside house and administration building) which has helped give it some more life this year, and which we have enjoyed. The boards are quite well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
I'm only at 80 or so, but this is one of my son's favorite games so we play it fairly frequently, although it has tailed off a bit in the past year or two as well. We did print out the two pnp boards here on the Geek (seaside house and administration building) which has helped give it some more life this year, and which we have enjoyed. The boards are quite well done.

I haven't tried the PNP boards even though I really enjoy the game. I need to find those boards and print them out to give them a try. Thanks for mentioning these were available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redheaded Pharmacist wrote:
garry_rice wrote:

I haven't tried the PNP boards even though I really enjoy the game. I need to find those boards and print them out to give them a try. Thanks for mentioning these were available.

Administration Building: Fan-made custom board "Town Administration"
Seaside House: Fan-made custom board "Seaside House"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Smith
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also printed both the PNP boards. That are very well done as stated and also quite challenging! Worth the time and effort to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.