Popular Tags: [View All]
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
2.1.1 says that the attacker can spend APs to perform hurricane barrages on targets of his choice, then the FO paragraph says that the FO may direct one artillery fire using any amount of APs to target one hex, but then the note in red says that an FO is not necessary for artillery fire.

Then my question is, what's the purpose of an FO if artillery fire does not require one and if artillery fire directed by an FO seems to be resolved exactly in the same manner as undirected artillery fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Alright, I think I found the answer on Strategikon, though arguably it is in the rules... FO-directed fire is possible against Camouflaged targets, whereas undirected fire cannot target Camouflaged units or structures, and it benefits from the +1 DRM on the Scatter roll for firing at a revealed target even if the target was not otherwise revealed (whereas undirected fire only benefits from the +1 DRM if the target was previously revealed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnauld DELLA SIEGA
France
FRANCE
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Renaud,

Indeed, FOs are used to momentarily reveal a hex. Hence, the player benefits a bonus on the scatter table. It may be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.