Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Your experience with customer service? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alter Falter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I purchased the Captain America 75th Anniversary expansion. Unfortunately there is one card missing so i contacted the upper deck customer service under qa@upperdeck.com about this.

This was 5 days ago and the only reply i got was the automatic reply that they received my message but nothing else.

Do you guys have any experience with the customer service and how long does it usually take them to answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've purchased every Marvel Legendary set up to Civil War and I have only come across 1 issue. I was missing a card in the FF set. I shot out an email never got an actual response. However, I had my replacement card in hand in less than 2 weeks.

That's been a couple years now, but as I understand it, UD customer service is a little irregular at times. From my 2nd hand info, they haven't failed to deliver at the end of the day yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I had a card missing from Paint the Town Red, which I just bought. I emailed customer service on Saturday and I got a response from them on Monday. The issue isn't resolved yet because I still do not have my card but so far so good. Their response looked pretty candid. Make sure you didn't get another reply that looked like the auto generated one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Mikic
msg tools
mbmbmb
The customer service is very good, from my experience.
My first base set was missing an iron man card, they sent me one fairly quickly.

Second time I bought base set (first one was destroyed by sister-in-law...) was missing a bunch of wounds and a bystander, again, they sent them to me with out issue.

I am from Australia, so for a U.S company to ship them over in a timely manner is fairly impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to go back through your game and "flex" each card. Don't know if UD has a similar issue but Greater than Games' Sentinels of the Multiverse was infamous for cards sticking together. Took me three passes through the base game to find one card.

Not that you're having this issue but their website leaves a lot to be desired. There are some products which they sell but literally cannot be found on their site if you don't have the direct link.

I placed an order with UD a month ago and their website wouldn't let me complete the order. I called customer service and the very helpful young lady took my order over the phone. It was a bit time consuming but everything worked out well in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom tom
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had a damaged card from Dark City. I sent the card to them with a copy of my receipt (no email), and I received a replacement card in the mail in under 5 days. I was amazed at their service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alter Falter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your answers. At least that give me hope that they're not incompetent. I also send a message to their facebook page and got an answer within hours. They said they'll inform the guys of the QA to look into it. That was 2 days ago.

I guess i'll have to wait a couple more days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alter Falter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A little update in this case...

I take everything back, their customer support is awesome. I got a message via facebook and they're telling me, that they have problems answering to my email adress. (which is curious because my email works just fine) Anyway... they give my case a number and my missing card will be shipped this friday! Amazing guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their customer service is great. My base set was missing a Wolverine card and I received a replacement within a few weeks even though I live in Europe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news Mark! I've noticed that I miss one of Daredevil's commons from Civil War . It's the first time this has happened to me! I sent them an e-mail and hopefully they will reply soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Upper Deck customer service is awesome! They have already sent my missing card! It will take a while to reach my country, but wow! that's fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The good: I've bought all Marvel releases, plus Alien and Predator. Alien was the only game missing cards (though it was missing a lot).

The bad: Took almost six weeks to get my replacement cards -- only about half of them. Had to tell them it still wasn't complete. Whole process took two and a half months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
The good: I've bought all Marvel releases, plus Alien and Predator. Alien was the only game missing cards (though it was missing a lot).

The bad: Took almost six weeks to get my replacement cards -- only about half of them. Had to tell them it still wasn't complete. Whole process took two and a half months.

I had to get 51 cards from Fantastic Four replaced. That one came in two shrink-wrapped packs of 50. In one package, the back of every card was messed up -- hence the 50. In the other pack, there was 1 card that was quire dog-eared -- and the 1. I sent them an e-mail, they had me send pictures and bam! new cards in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

I had to get 51 cards from Fantastic Four replaced. That one came in two shrink-wrapped packs of 50. In one package, the back of every card was messed up -- hence the 50. In the other pack, there was 1 card that was quire dog-eared -- and the 1. I sent them an e-mail, they had me send pictures and bam! new cards in the mail.

I need 100 cards from Fantastic Four replaced...lets see how good this customer service is devil

kidding of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My Drax cards from the Guardians of the Galaxy set were inexplicably bent with an actual crease on the rare card. I got an email reply from Upper Deck customer service within a couple of days. We went back and forth a few times as they clarified exactly which cards were damaged, and about a week later I had a whole new set of Drax cards in my mailbox split into two card sleeves.

I'm pretty sure this was my fastest board game customer service support by a long shot. Everything else has taken at least a month and usually more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already received my missing card. That's what I call an amazing customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I received my missing card a little bit ago. The experience was smooth. It took a few weeks to get the card but they tell you that upfront.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
I started e-mailing them Sunday about missing cards in my base set. A dozen cards, making half the heroes and some henchman sets unplayable.

Anyway, they wanted a lot of details and I received the last e-mail mere minutes ago about replacements being shipped. Just another 2-10 weeks till I can fully enjoy the game I bought a week ago!

So worst case: 3 months from initial communication until you receive replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.