Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Alati
Italy
Firenze
Toscana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it possible for alliance force in Amsterdam to retreat through Nijmegen, being enemy controlled and used to enter battle? This is to reach a friendly Bergen op zoom. Also, would in this case the attacker army get to fire
again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes.

The amount of dice would be 2 plus whatever troops are still in Nijmegen, all firing at +1. Hits made during this retreat count towards famous victory, but no leader casualty roll must be made. All from 16.4.3

How did you lose the fight at Amsterdam? Did he go past the fortified line 2? How are you planning to no lose automatic on Amsterdam control?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegarend wrote:

How did you lose the fight at Amsterdam? Did he go past the fortified line 2? How are you planning to no lose automatic on Amsterdam control?

This was the outcome of an act of bravery and luck ... The Bourbon player attacked Amsterdam against all odds! Marlborough's army was demoralized but the Bourbons didn't even bother to bypass the fortifed lines! It ended with a 1704 Bourbon automatic victory

By the way, my opponent meant to ask whether the main army in Amsterdam that just won the battle (Bourbon) would get to fire again or not. This is considering that the alliance force would be retreating thorugh a space used by the attacker to enter battle. My answer to this specific question would be no. What do you guys think?

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I meant the "attacking player" would be able to roll again, not the attacking army, as that army is currently in Amsterdam and no longer "en route" from Nijmegen . Corps in this game can only be AT spaces, never "in between" them. Any Bourbon forces "left behind" in Nijmegen would be able to battle, but the main army would be in Amsterdam and unable to make more losses.

With regards to the game: gutsy, but also an "outlier" result I think. How did Marlborough and his army get demoralized?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele romanelli
United States
Winnabow
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegarend wrote:

With regards to the game: gutsy, but also an "outlier" result I think. How did Marlborough and his army get demoralized?

I know! shake Unfortunaley that was the consequence of losing a previous battle ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.