Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if it is clear in the rulebook, English is not my first language and some things escape from my understanding after reading.

My doubt...

It says that in order of the influence in the court, each player start executing the march order.

What we did yesterday night with my kids, was...

1) My kid (first at the influence...) marched... after he left their units in the new empty area, he removed the march token (with a +1 in it)
2) I marched after him, to the same area, with an order token with the +1 too.
3) Started the combat, but as we removed the march order of my kid, he couldn't add the +1

We were having a first play after long long time, so we were doing tests to remember how to play.

I thought that it was right and wrong....

right because when he marched, nobody was there, so the +1 of the march could not be used.

wrong because it was a disadvantage to move first, and I understand that is better to go first in the turn order and not the other way around.

I know that we did something wrong, could you help me to fix it?.

Thanks a lot.
Eduardo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You played correctly. The +1 march order does not help when defending.
Whether or not it is best to go first in the turn order is a little disputed, based on who you ask. Personally, I think that moving first is generally an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
You played correctly. The +1 march order does not help when defending.

Understood, I don't know why I didn't think that he was not marching anymore but defending, thank you!.

Besides that, I still would like to know when the march order should be removed from the board... I think that after what you told me sounds good to remove it right after marching, if not combat was triggered after the march.

Thank you again.
Eduardo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yatsura Urusai
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
sounds good to remove march order right after marching

Yes, it does.

But be aware: If you attack an enemy area, the combat is still part of your march order.

If someone else attacks an enemy area, the combat is part of his march order.

The player who gets attacked is always the defender and it does not matter if he marched one turn or one week before, because his march order was completed and removed from board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.