Subject: Driving While being White and Privilege rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pedos_Are_Cool [+] [View All]
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.dailywire.com/news/8719/watch-sjw-woman-berate-ly...

Skip to 0:54 for the fun.

Also, I just found out Hawaii is a continent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Driving While being White and Privlaged
Whenever I see the term SJW I tune the post out reflexively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"32 inches of Plexi....for your pleasure"
mbmbmbmb
The first 2 seconds of vocal fry, and I stopped it. It's all I need to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Literally unlistenable. And I hope for her sake she was drunk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poor guy. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hummm, the passenger was a total jerk to the driver.

She certainly had the right to mention she finds something offensive, but not to continue to berate somebody just because he is providing her a service for money.

HOWEVER, I don't think the driver was justified in refusing to fulfill the ride contract over that level of rudeness. Annoying customers are part of the service business.

So the end result is mixed IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

I've heard "alt-Left" in recent days....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact he puts up with it for like 5 min means this guy has the patience of an angel. Also pretty sure gawker has been dead for like over a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are fools in the world! OMG! Who knew?

snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

I've heard "alt-Left" in recent days....

Ferret

Actually more tolerable. Not that I would nessecarily agree with what all is included, but at least not starting from pure 4chan derision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly a false flag operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

She certainly had the right to mention she finds something offensive, but not to continue to berate somebody just because he is providing her a service for money.

HOWEVER, I don't think the driver was justified in refusing to fulfill the ride contract over that level of rudeness. Annoying customers are part of the service business.

There was another passenger in the car. Lyft has a service where you can have two or three fares in the car at a time and drop them off as you get to their stops. So this encounter was not only affecting the driver, but also the other passenger. You heard where the antagonist in this was trying to drag the other passenger into the fray. At this point, I most certainly would stop this ride and get her out of the car. And I would tell her the exact reason, which was for the comfort and safety of the other passengers in my car. I do not think he was out of line in the slightest to have someone who was acting belligerently removed from his car and his other passengers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is important? How?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
This is important? How?

For the same reason as the non-existence of God. Yet we keep seeing that dredged up, don't we?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the manatee
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawd, what an idiot. The entire notion that "that offends me, so you have to remove it" has never made sense to me. (And in this case, it seems to be even worse: "that might offend a member of a group that I don't even belong to, so you have to remove it"). Even if someone were to display or wear something that I found deeply offensive, I can't imagine telling them that they have to remove it. I'm huge on free speech/thought, to the point that I don't even want to deny offensive speech/thought. Sure, there can be fallout from it (if someone were wearing a t-shirt with a racist message on it, I'd think less of them, and I wouldn't want to hang out with them). But banning it outright? Too Orwellian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
The notion that she keeps saying that the doll effects her is the interesting bit to me, and the most interesting thing about all exchanges like this.

Obviously I don't know her life and maybe it does effect her on some level, but I could never see myself making a stink about it, not only that but she has the wherewithal to initiate this conversation, video record and state that she's going to have it published on the internet as a shame tactic. It indicates to me that she lives in a bubble where this is a really important issue and that there is real traction to be made. She probably can't imagine that a lot of people will find her distasteful and a poor representation of feminism in action. Very few people will see this and think "hey this is an important issue, thanks for bringing this to my attention" and a higher percentage of people will see this and think "dang, these people are clueless"

Also her reasoning as to why it is offensive is just bizarre. Hula dancing is a real thing that Hawaiian's take pride in, they continue to do it and is an important part of their heritage, the doll has nothing to do with the pillaging of the "continent of Hawaii" She comes off as vapid and annoying as all get out. I probably would have taken her all the way home and refused to engage with her...but that is generally what I do, but I don't fault the driver for stopping and kicking her out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
hyperbolus wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
Literally unlistenable. And I hope for her sake she was drunk.

Nope just brainwashed. Another spawn of the demonic left.

You post a lot of (increasingly) vile and/or silly stuff and if anyones called you demonic I at least have missed it.

Pull yourself out of the alt-right fever swamp, seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

There was another passenger in the car. Lyft has a service where you can have two or three fares in the car at a time and drop them off as you get to their stops. So this encounter was not only affecting the driver, but also the other passenger. You heard where the antagonist in this was trying to drag the other passenger into the fray. At this point, I most certainly would stop this ride and get her out of the car. And I would tell her the exact reason, which was for the comfort and safety of the other passengers in my car. I do not think he was out of line in the slightest to have someone who was acting belligerently removed from his car and his other passengers.

She was annoying and seemingly drunk but dumping her off the side of a random highway seemed off to me. If the driver gets into trouble from Lyft I suspect it would be for that rather than the bobblehead or whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

Actually no they are not, all but one service industry I have worked in has always made it clear, to both staff and customer, that if you are rude you will be refused service.

Oddly becasue I was trained (my first job) the other way I do not operate on that principle (be as rude to me as you damn well like, I am being paid), but I know most (all?) modern service operations do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

She was annoying and seemingly drunk but dumping her off the side of a random highway seemed off to me. If the driver gets into trouble from Lyft I suspect it would be for that rather than the bobblehead or whatever.

About once every two months or so, I get an e-mail from Uber or Lyft on how to deal with abusive passengers. Ending the ride and having them leave the car is a last resort, but it is an option. And he pointed out that there is a sidewalk and the area seemed well lit. By the standards that they have shared with me, the guy handled it the right way. For me, "I am recording this and will publicly shame you on the internet" would have been enough for me to end the ride. The guy was more patient about it than I was. Though I will say I was bothered by how he didn't end the ride right away once she tried dragging the other passenger into her teapot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
GameCrossing wrote:
myopia wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

About once every two months or so, I get an e-mail from Uber or Lyft on how to deal with abusive passengers. Ending the ride and having them leave the car is a last resort, but it is an option. And he pointed out that there is a sidewalk and the area seemed well lit. By the standards that they have shared with me, the guy handled it the right way. For me, "I am recording this and will publicly shame you on the internet" would have been enough for me to end the ride. The guy was more patient about it than I was. Though I will say I was bothered by how he didn't end the ride right away once she tried dragging the other passenger into her teapot.

Any official guidance to what is "abusive"?

Looked a bit and the source was a bit dubious (woman's twitter) but it seems that the driver was indeed fired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
The first 2 seconds of vocal fry, and I stopped it. It's all I need to know.

Thank god it's not just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Conservative logic:

On this woman "That crazy person is representative of all SJW people! Look at how dumb they are!"

On Donald Trump "He doesn't represent us! He's not a real conservative! (but we'll vote for him anyway)"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
myopia wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

Any official guidance to what is "abusive"?

Looked a bit and the source was a bit dubious (woman's twitter) but it seems that the driver was indeed fired.

Really? Whoa. Can you provide links and such? I am direly interested in this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.