Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...

Includes a PAX West Print and Play! Thoughts, comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great art work - I'm loving the diversity of characters and I'm looking forward to playing this game, I just hope the game is good. It's so ambitious and my fear is that they've tried to do too much what with the RPG aspect and the all at once expansions. The game is literally laying all its cards on the table before it has had the chance to grow in the wild. I expect there will need to be a monster FAQ for this game, I hope I'm wrong about that.

edit: I also really hope that they give as much space to the artwork on the cards as physically possible. I'm not a big fan of the graphic design choices in PACG, I find the overlays give a cold and spreadsheet -like feel to the cards. The Lord of the Rings LCG is my preferred art to graphics ratio on cards - in that game there's no border so the art has more space to shine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
btrhoads
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimewisp wrote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/the-apocrypha...

Includes a PAX West Print and Play! Thoughts, comments?

I was thinking of building this. Is there any instructions on how to build it like which backs go on which cards and the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasquale Cirone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I late pledged the game and am so looking forward to playing it.

Now as much as I love the art, I'm a bit put off that the art has all the characters just posing. No action in the images at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
malakim0 wrote:
Now as much as I love the art, I'm a bit put off that the art has all the characters just posing. No action in the images at all.

These are the characters' portraits, designed to fit in the small space on the character card and in larger spreads in the storybooks. There's plenty of action illustrations elsewhere in the game, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.