Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know, but I'm going to guess "no" for two reasons. First of all, the rules say "an undeveloped small station hex" or a "small station tile", which seems to indicate the presence of only one small station. (I think if it were meant to include hexes/tiles with two small stations, it would have said so explicitly.) The second reason is that I don't really see how it would work practically. There are no tiles provided to indicate that you removed one of two small stations on a two-small-station hex, and so what sort of tile/upgrade would be appropriate?

Darin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KentuckyKid wrote:
I don't know, but I'm going to guess "no" for two reasons. First of all, the rules say "an undeveloped small station hex" or a "small station tile", which seems to indicate the presence of only one small station. (I think if it were meant to include hexes/tiles with two small stations, it would have said so explicitly.) The second reason is that I don't really see how it would work practically. There are no tiles provided to indicate that you removed one of two small stations on a two-small-station hex, and so what sort of tile/upgrade would be appropriate?

Darin

I agree with Darin's analysis, but it would be nice to get official confirmation. Maybe the designer will comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Anderson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
jschlickbernd wrote:
Thanks for any clarification.

If for no other reason, this is impossible, because you must preserve existing track when upgrading a tile. No green plain track tile has 4 exits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Cutforth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
physicssquirrel wrote:
jschlickbernd wrote:
Thanks for any clarification.

If for no other reason, this is impossible, because you must preserve existing track when upgrading a tile. No green plain track tile has 4 exits.

I hadn't really considered whether it was possible or not, but it is against the intent of the rules. The private only works on single spots. The double spots can never be upgraded and are intended to be a bit of a pain. Generally track isn't much of an issue in 1822, but I wanted a few opportunities for people to mess the board up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.