Karuba» Forums » General

Subject: 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
danutzek danutzek
Romania
flag msg tools
Hello.

Can you please tell me if this game is worth buying if it is going to be played mostly with 2 players?

Thank you !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danutzek wrote:
Hello.

Can you please tell me if this game is worth buying if it is going to be played mostly with 2 players?

Thank you !

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. There isn't much of a difference between the experience you have with two or more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
mbmbmbmbmb
It's fun with two!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
As with many games, is just a bit more "fun" to play with 3 or 4 players.

But, Karuba is perfectly fine with 2 players. My GF and I enjoy playing it. However, to mix things up a bit, sometimes we play with the normal rule of one player pulling tiles blindly, calling out the tile number, (like bingo), but sometimes we pull out the tiles for one of the unused players and take turns pulling tiles out blindly. This way we each get to play as if there was a 3rd player doing the calling out.

The only possible issue with 2 player game is when one player doesn't like to do the calling out. I've played with a lot of other players in 3- and 4-player games and there is always someone who doesn't want to play as the "blind" player. In this case it would mean the other player would have to play "blind". Or do as my GF and I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
As with many games, is just a bit more "fun" to play with 3 or 4 players.

But, Karuba is perfectly fine with 2 players. My GF and I enjoy playing it. However, to mix things up a bit, sometimes we play with the normal rule of one player pulling tiles blindly, calling out the tile number, (like bingo), but sometimes we pull out the tiles for one of the unused players and take turns pulling tiles out blindly. This way we each get to play as if there was a 3rd player doing the calling out.

The only possible issue with 2 player game is when one player doesn't like to do the calling out. I've played with a lot of other players in 3- and 4-player games and there is always someone who doesn't want to play as the "blind" player. In this case it would mean the other player would have to play "blind". Or do as my GF and I do.

You can avoid all players playing the blind player now:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1602944/karuba-helper-webap...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely fun with 2. The first couple of games we played, I was disappointed because it seemed too simple. While it's not deep, after a another play or so I found it's a good puzzle-y game and very fun to race your opponent to the temples. We generally play best of 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.