Subject: Mystery, Murder, and Madness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New official information from FFG laugh

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/30/mystery...

The focus is on the monsters and encounters ninja

It's looking good... is it here yet?! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All these articles make me antsy! I am so excited to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More treachery cards existing in an specific encounter set:

The Rotting Remains:

Frozen in Fear:

Dissonant Voices:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some enemies that you can encounter on the first investigation.

Rat Swarm:

Ghoul Priest:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmation of what we expected that the scenario building will be almost exactly the same as LOTR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blayne Miley
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hype intensifying to HYPE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Ghoul Priest is the boss of the first scenario. The fact that he has 5 hit points PER investigator, and deals 2 Stamina 2 Sanity damage is pretty crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hope FFG does a tutorial video for this game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
Really hope FFG does a tutorial video for this game...

Why wouldn't they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Confirmation of what we expected that the scenario building will be almost exactly the same as LOTR.

What else would you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vdaoine wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

What else would you do?

Warhammer quest for example works differently. Some cards are fixed, some are random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Clark
msg tools
A Mansions of Madness Watch it Played video by Rodney Smith just came out, so that seems to point that maybe they have outsourced the videos to Rodney, as opposed to previous tutorial videos that I have seen that were done in house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akaan Qualrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
I think the Ghoul Priest is the boss of the first scenario. The fact that he has 5 hit points PER investigator, and deals 2 Stamina 2 Sanity damage is pretty crazy.

It looks like a tough one : 5 hit points when the basic attack deals only 1 damage.
I wonder if it is possible to finish the scenario without beating him. But perhaps if you do so you miss the two victory points he is worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

As someone had already supposed/wished for, the encounter sets seem to be much smaller that in LOTR. The 'Striking Fear' set is made up of 7 treachery cards, while the 'Rats' set is made up of 3 copies of Swarm of Rats. That should mean more encounter sets overall, and more different combinations of sets, giving a wider range of themes for scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
<off-topic>

Josephrobertclark wrote:
A Mansions of Madness Watch it Played video by Rodney Smith just came out, so that seems to point that maybe they have outsourced the videos to Rodney, as opposed to previous tutorial videos that I have seen that were done in house.

Unlikely. Rodney stated that the MoM video he just released was not in collaboration with FFG, he produced it because MoM has a special place for his channel since it was the first WiP video he released.

He asked the MoM BBG community to vet a pre-release of the video to ensure there weren't any glaring mistakes, the reason he did this was because he wasn't working directly with FFG.

</off-topic>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
cornjob wrote:
Wow, the art!

Yes that strikes me as well. Not only the illustrations, but the fonts and other stylistic elements. Almost Art Deco, but in its own way. Beautiful.

+1

Really love the art nouveau/art deco graphic design style being used - really helps give the period feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vittek wrote:

As someone had already supposed/wished for, the encounter sets seem to be much smaller that in LOTR. The 'Striking Fear' set is made up of 7 treachery cards, while the 'Rats' set is made up of 3 copies of Swarm of Rats. That should mean more encounter sets overall, and more different combinations of sets, giving a wider range of themes for scenarios.

Yep, you are right! The smaller encounter sets will make the game more thematic and the diferent scenarios more specific and specialized... But it will be a pain in the *** to construct all the specific encounter decks, specially in the future whem more sets become available whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
xris wrote:
<off-topic>

Josephrobertclark wrote:

Unlikely. Rodney stated that the MoM video he just released was not in collaboration with FFG, he produced it because MoM has a special place for his channel since it was the first WiP video he released.

He asked the MoM BBG community to vet a pre-release of the video to ensure there weren't any glaring mistakes, the reason he did this was because he wasn't working directly with FFG.

</off-topic>

Spot on.

It would be nice to see Rodney do a video for this. I think his videos are absolutely incredible. If you're interested in MoM 2e at all, I'd recommend checking that video out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Williams
United States
Tonganoxie
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodney Smith of Watch It Played does great "how to play the game" videos.
I certainly hope he does the tutorial for Arkham Horror the Card Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, but two things bug me:

1) I hate that the set icons are smack in the middle of the card. You have to resort these things for the adventures, and sorting based on a symbol in the middle of the card is a pain. With LotR it's in the bottom right, so you can turn the deck upside down and quickly fan-sort.

2) Is anyone else bugged by the graphic design of the monster cards? That mostly empty bulbous text box that dips down and intrudes on the art? Just really feels like it's crowding the best-looking part of the card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll sadly have to agree on both. That's a pity because visually I really like the graphic design. I have an Alfons Mucha print hanging in my living room where I play games, and the cards' style is definitely insipired to that kind of art noveau.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
jvdv wrote:
cornjob wrote:
Wow, the art!

Yes that strikes me as well. Not only the illustrations, but the fonts and other stylistic elements. Almost Art Deco, but in its own way. Beautiful.

+1

Really love the art nouveau/art deco graphic design style being used - really helps give the period feel.

Yep, it is a thing of beauty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on both counts. Icon would have been better on the bottom edge, and the bigger the "picture window" the better for artwork. This definitely feels cramped and there's no reason it has to be - a lot of that space up top isn't really being used for game stuff.

I'm guessing the icon is because they wanted to make it bigger since this game is going for more small sets and there will eventually be a LOT of set icons? Honestly I'd rather have a set name than an icon but oh well...

The Treachery cards look much better though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like the monster card designs, but now after mentioning it, it does look a bit cramped for the art. The Ghoul Priest is like ducking down to get into the frame of the art. I really love the design overall though and it gives them sort of a pulp adventure feel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.