Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Lentz
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I hope this is ok to post here as it's probably more of a production question than design, though I can see things like differing card counts on a sheet certainly dictating some design decisions.

Anyway, I'm curious if people have had any particularly good consultations with any certain printers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Friedman
msg tools
It's a question with a lot of answers, but I'll give mine: I used Delano for my first print and the pro is, the team is professional and polite and honest. High quality product and shipped on time The con is, they are very, very expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd probably be helpful for others to give an idea of volume/components.

I'm a designer, not a publisher -- but if the publishers I know order in the ranges you're considering, I'll ask them to have a look here (and point you towards appropriate printers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Houghton
United States
Platteville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
vwoommmmmm
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my own experience, both Print Ninja and The Game Crafter are very good at communicating to people with print/publishing questions.

Are you looking to publish or to just get some playtest copies? If this is just for playtesting, definitely check out printplaygames.com as well as the afforementioned Game Crafter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Lentz
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Sorry, as I'm discovering as I work through this process, I am not always terribly clear about what I'm getting at.

Yes, I'm looking at conversing with some printers about pricing quotes on a relatively small publishing run of a small card game that I'm working on, rather than playtest copies.

What I was really meaning to ask, though, was what companies provided a particularly good consultation experience. Several of the printers that I've been looking at via their websites mention that they offer sales reps/project managers/(some other but similar term) that will offer varying levels of consultation, product recommendations, suggestions, etc.

So out of the companies that you've dealt with, who has really worked with you in an exemplary way to answer questions, offer suggestions, and really sell their services to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Houghton
United States
Platteville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
vwoommmmmm
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.printninja.com/calculator/card-game-quote

With Print Ninja, I was able to talk with a real person over email. I've yet to use them to actually print, but I came away fairly impressed. They sent me a sample box as well.

(it looks like this: http://www.nikumangames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/IMG_2... (pulled from a Google image search))

If you're not printing many copies, The Game Crafter isn't bad at all. Not sure if I can fairly rate them for communication though, since most interactions I've had with them was IRL. You talk to real people in email conversations with them too, at the very least.

Regardless, both of their sites have a ton of printing information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Lentz
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I have to say that PrintNinja has some of the most complete information that I've found on a printer's site so far. That is a big positive for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.