Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilles Daquin
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have received the game and it is one of the first time I dive in the rules the very next day, it looks awesome, production value is very good too!

I'd appreciate if some points could be clarified. Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Action phase, page 6: Not play a Strategy Card. A player who does not play a Strategy Card must take an Automatic Operation as if playing a Strategy Card with a value of one for Operations Points.

Does it mean that the player doesn't have to expand a card to do the Automatic Operation?

Quote:
6.25 After all movement is completed the Active Player conducts
any combat that he wishes to initiate from hexes marked with an
Attack marker. At least one unit must attack and resolve combat.
Attack markers are removed as each combat is resolved.

Does it mean "for all hexes marked with an attack counter, at least one unit must attack OR for/among all hexes marked with an attack counter, at least one unit must attack?"

Quote:
9.12 Each combat may involve only one defending hex. Any
number of units in adjacent hexes under an Attack marker can
combine to participate in the same attack

Does it mean that all the adjacent attacking units must also under an attack counter or at least one of the adjacent unit must be under an attack counter and the other one, just by being adjacent are exempted to be under an attack counter?

Quote:
9.17 Units of different nationalities on the same side may attack in
the same combat only if one of the attacking hexes contains units
of both nationalities. Only one attacking hex needs to meet this
requirement; other hexes involved in the same attack may contain
units from any of the nationalities in the multi-national hex.

If I understand correctly, this means that one attacking hex must have mixed nationalities performing the attack. Correct?

Quote:
The Axis player may spend a maximum of two RP per
Replacement Point Action Round on Mechanized and
Luftwaffe units. This limit increases to three after play of the
Production Miracle Event. This restriction does not apply to
Axis events granting the Axis player RP

Does this mean that Axis player can spend up to two RP on a combination of Luftwaffe + mechanized units but not for instance 2 for Luftwaffe and 2 for mechanized units?

I am sure there will be a few more points as we play, but as is the rules are clear, light and straightforward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 question. I think you meant expend a card and the answer is yes, you are not required to play a card. But a 1 OPS Action Round is a pretty weak action.

Rule 6.25 question: If you put an attack marker on top of three units (or potentially four or five in an Allied Beach Head hex) at least one unit must attack. The others could opt to do nothing. But I'm not sure why they would. Lower attack odds are a bad idea.

Rule 9.12 question: your hex must have an attack marker on it to participate in combat resolution. What this rule is really about is preventing one hex from attacking two or three defending hexes and then getting a lucky result somehow that blows open the front.

Rule 9.17 question: correct.

Replacement question: the former - up to 2 total, not up to 2 on both types of unit.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Festung Europa

P.S. The following from discussion at consimworld:

* The hex in northern Italy named "Palma" should be named "Parma". I spotted this before publication; was too late to fix.

* Bremen is a port hex. Artist forgot it.

* The La Rochelle fortress counter appears with the other fortress counters placed during the Forced Labor event.

* To clarify: the Allied SAC and TAC markers are among the "other markers" mentioned in rule 3.17. Rule 14.2 does correctly mention this, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting ahead of myself here, as the game has barely been released, however; it would be great if Compass Games gave us the option to purchase a mounted map, with the couple of corrections listed above (Parma and Bremen) included, plus any other corrections / errata which may be subsequently discovered.

Perhaps this might become available further down the track, who knows, let's wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
I'm getting ahead of myself here, as the game has barely been released, however; it would be great if Compass Games gave us the option to purchase a mounted map, with the couple of corrections listed above (Parma and Bremen) included, plus any other corrections / errata which may be subsequently discovered.

Perhaps this might become available further down the track, who knows, let's wait and see.

Has Compass done mounted boards before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
friendc wrote:
zombiewarrior07 wrote:

Has Compass done mounted boards before?

TBH, I don't know if Compass does mounted boards. GMT sometimes offer 'upgrades' of mounted maps with their games, such as with Triumph and Tragedy. As suggested in my comment, this would also be a fine opportunity to correct any small errors / omissions on the game map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cameron
Australia
Maylands
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they'd only go for a mounted map if the demand was there. Even GMT put the seperate mounted maps on their P500, just to be sure that people will actually buy them. One missing port icon and a name typo probably won't have people rushing to buy a replacement map.

Fortunately the uploaded map image for Festung Europa seems to be a decent resolution. I think I'll edit the map and get it printed out as an enlarged poster. I like having enlarged versions of the map for clarity and more playing space anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.