$35.00
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
mbmbmbmbmb
In the game, a motley crew arrive at an old creepy mansion and promptly decide to break the law, by trespassing when they enter uninvited. The group explore the mansion trying to accomplish whatever the scenario dictates until eventually one member goes insane, or becomes demon possessed, or whatever the case, and turns on the others. After that the traitor's goal diverges from the rest as that person tries to kill off the others, while they try to get out alive.

It's an interesting idea for a game, and pretty fun to play through. The components are very good. I especially like the pre-painted minis that represent the various characters. As you explore the mansion you turn over thick cardboard squares that nicely depict the various rooms. This mechanic ensures that the mansion will never be laid out exactly the same from one game to the next.

The game can grind to a halt for awhile, sometimes quite awhile, when the traitor is revealed. When this happens that player, and the others, physically go their separate ways to read from different books to study what will be expected of them for the rest of the game. After that everyone comes back to the table to continue play.

Overall, the game is fun, and usually not too lengthy to be a distraction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Anciano
Philippines
flag msg tools
This is one of my favorite games ever. I can't wait to get my hands on the expansion.

I'd like to note that you don't have a scenario before someone turns traitor, basically at the start people are just exploring the creepy old house "for fun."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.