12 Posts

Escape the Room: Secret of Dr. Gravely's Retreat» Forums » General

Subject: Target exclusive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Kahley
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well I just asked Coolstuff if they will be getting this game and they informed me that it is a Target exclusive. Well, since I normally only buy from Coolstuff this one is off the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hilliard
United States
Smyrna
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I received an e-mail from Thinkfun saying that the game would be released in mid-September. Maybe what Coolstuff meant was that its Target exclusive right now? Even if not, Targets are everywhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
kahley wrote:
Well, since I normally only buy from Coolstuff this one is off the list.

What a ridiculous attitude. "I really want this game but I only ever buy from one shop, so no game for me!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be politically against sich a concept in which case it seems quite reasonable not to buy it.

I have not heard that this is target exclusive, but if it is the case I never learned what it means for Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
You may be politically against sich a concept in which case it seems quite reasonable not to buy it.

I have not heard that this is target exclusive, but if it is the case I never learned what it means for Europe?

Its going to be available in Europe, I myself have ordered it from Meeples Corner. I think its just exclusive to Target for an initial period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

Its going to be available in Europe, I myself have ordered it from Meeples Corner. I think its just exclusive to Target for an initial period.

I have bought mine from Amazon, I know Amazon don't have the best rep, but I bought it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why doesn't Amazon have a good rep? I never had a problem ordering from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:

In terms of them paying their tax bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:

In terms of them paying there tax bill.

lol, what? They didn't pay because state laws, as structured at the time, didn't require them to pay. State legislatures that felt compelled to, changed that or Amazon built a physical location on the state which required them to collect sales tax. Even today, not all states require Amazon to collect sales tax.

In any case, this does look to be a Target exclusive. Thinkfun's website directs you to Target to purchase the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
eatshootsandleafs wrote:
Dnasearchr wrote:

In terms of them paying there tax bill.

lol, what? They didn't pay because state laws, as structured at the time, didn't require them to pay. State legislatures that felt compelled to, changed that or Amazon built a physical location on the state which required them to collect sales tax. Even today, not all states require Amazon to collect sales tax.

In any case, this does look to be a Target exclusive. Thinkfun's website directs you to Target to purchase the game.

And as I've pointed out I've preordered it from my FLGS here in the uk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Kahley
msg tools
mbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
kahley wrote:

What a ridiculous attitude. "I really want this game but I only ever buy from one shop, so no game for me!"

While I do prefer to shop with Coolstuff because of their great prices, I actually order from many places to include local game stores - Target just isn't one of them. I am pleased it will be made more broadly available however. Your tone and response is offensive. I would suggest learning to converse in a way that isn't so hostile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
kahley wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
kahley wrote:

While I do prefer to shop with Coolstuff because of their great prices, I actually order from many places to include local game stores - Target just isn't one of them. I am pleased it will be made more broadly available however. Your tone and response is offensive. I would suggest learning to converse in a way that isn't so hostile.

Great thanks for the suggestion, I'll take that on board (no pun intended). Having a preference for ordering from somewhere for a reason is fine, I have two preferred online game stores because of prices and customer service. However not buying a game that is exclusive to somewhere because you don't shop there is just silly. But as has been stated it is going to be available elsewhere so all of this is moot anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.